Link: Where will Chip Kelly coach next season?

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA
Some good old speculation.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/11/chi...sc-marcus-mariota-reunite-virginia-tech-miami

Virginia Tech? This is a better job than many give it credit for — and that’s thanks entirely to Frank Beamer’s decades of steady dominance — and the aforementioned ACC is alluring, but Chip Kelly wants sexy and the Hokies are decidedly unsexy.

LSU/Georgia? Neither of these jobs are open but they might be soon. Still, I don’t think Kelly has the stones to waltz into Nick Saban’s conference and could you blame him?
I think that USCw makes the most sense. Then then Canes after that. I wonder if Saban would really keep him out of the SEC. Maybe Georgia would be more likely than LSU because at least he would be in a different division. And as far as VT goes, I think it would be unlikely. Or it could be the school that can ante up the most cash.

Zaiva

1st Team
Feb 27, 2013
Don't care. Doesn't matter. He won't be in the SEC. And even if he was he'd end up like Gus and Hugh. Flashes of brilliance but nothing to show for it.
Hugh is doing quite well... If I was USCw I would be calling Hugh Freeze right now.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Lot of rumors that USC ( the one out west) have someone in mind already... and has been in touch with a candidate. Lot of signs points to Chip Kelly

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
He'll jump ship. USCw will be his destination. I feel bad for whoever inherits the Eagles roster.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
He'll jump ship. USCw will be his destination. I feel bad for whoever inherits the Eagles roster.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
he has made some head scratching moves by cutting or trading all of his good players. it looks like he was tanking the team so he will be fired or resign.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
He'll be coaching in the same place he coached today
I'm almost at the epicenter of Chip fallout - were he to come into the SEC, what makes anyone think the mushroom cloud of an obliterated defense wouldn't follow him? You might say since "There's no enduring 'D' in Chip Kelly, there'll be no Chip Kelly in the SEC." Then again, he could come, and even point to Malzruin for having been at the vanguard.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
Hugh is doing quite well... If I was USCw I would be calling Hugh Freeze right now.
No IMO. He's doing better than MooZahn as far as quality wins but has yet to play in Atlanta in December. Even after beating Bama 2 years running and being ranked in top 5 on multiple occasions. He can't maintain intensity or control. Therefore earning the "FLASHES OF BRILLIANCE" tag.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
This is HF's beast season at OM yet (so far) and he has three losses with (at least) two more tough games to play.

I wouldn't touch him with a 10' pole, and honestly, most of the serious OM fans I know have admitted he'***** his ceiling...

TIDE24

1st Team
Jan 12, 2000
Bartlett, TN
I thought the LSU option was interesting. I think that would be one of they few coaches LSU could have lined up that would make sense, to get rid of Miles for.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
This is HF's beast season at OM yet (so far) and he has three losses with (at least) two more tough games to play.

I wouldn't touch him with a 10' pole, and honestly, most of the serious OM fans I know have admitted he'***** his ceiling...
If you mean his ceiling at Ole Miss, I think you are probably right.

Otherwise, I don't know. He seems to be a decent coach and person with a great understanding of the game. He seems to be able to adapt and is not just married to a single philosophy, and now has some experience. I don't see how he will not regress with this class leaving even if he pulls in another seriously good recruiting class. I don't see him ever ending up at Alabama. I don't have inside knowledge, but there is almost certainly shadiness in the recruiting there, but I am not sure how much to lay directly on him. I can see him going somewhere and doing very well. I can also see him staying at Ole Miss and keeping them competitive.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
If you mean his ceiling at Ole Miss, I think you are probably right.
The OM fans I know - those who are plugged in, so to speak - say his managerial skills are his Achilles' heal. Both this season an last he lost control of the locker room with preferential treatment of players, etc. - unless / until he figured out how to manage 80+ young men, no amount of Xs and Os will allow him to be better than he is.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
The OM fans I know - those who are plugged in, so to speak - say his managerial skills are his Achilles' heal. Both this season an last he lost control of the locker room with preferential treatment of players, etc. - unless / until he figured out how to manage 80+ young men, no amount of Xs and Os will allow him to be better than he is.
I see, if this is the case agree completely. It is amazing the diverse skill set someone has to have to win consistently at this level. I don't think that was always the case, but it certainly is now.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.