How does Les Miles situation affect recruiting?

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
For those in the know, will the uncertainty around Miles make some kids think twice about committing?

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
For those in the know, will the uncertainty around Miles make some kids think twice about committing?
Asked the same question over in the football forum. Thanks for bringing over here like I should have. I can`t imagine all this helping their recruiting. I wonder who we might be going head to head with LSU on that might be impacted by this. Was hoping that maybe Jambama or BET might be able to weigh in. I would imagine right now that at least some of their recruits may have moved into "wait and see " mode.

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
Pretty amazing he could be fired while he currently has the #1 recruiting class.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
So much depends on how quickly something might happen with Les...and then who is the replacement.

mikelove

Scout Team
Oct 4, 2014
Pretty amazing he could be fired while he currently has the #1 recruiting class.
Yeah don't think I could mess that up if I was the AD. Make OC change and take one more year.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

gumptider

1st Team
Sep 24, 2008
Amazingly, coaching changes haven't seemed to make a huge difference in big programs, from what I've seen over the years. Sure, a couple of kids might decommit, but most of them don't seem to panic. Plus, LSU pulls a lot of kids in their region. I would love to snag a couple of their top commitments, but I'll be surprised if LSU losing Miles has a big benefit for us in recruiting.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Asked the same question over in the football forum. Thanks for bringing over here like I should have. I can`t imagine all this helping their recruiting. I wonder who we might be going head to head with LSU on that might be impacted by this. Was hoping that maybe Jambama or BET might be able to weigh in. I would imagine right now that at least some of their recruits may have moved into "wait and see " mode.
too early to tell. He isn't officially gone ,but could affect them with Lawerence for one. Hearing Coach O wants a Head coaching gig and Wilson is pursuing a head coaching gig as well. Wait until december after dominos start falling. If he is fired it will affect their class. You have relationships with certain coaches and learning new coaches that quickly is hard. IMO Miles being fired is ludicrous. The Man has done nothing but average 10 wins a year and a national championship. LSU fans are mad because they haven't beat us since 2011. Les will get another job and do well there. Not everyone can sustain success like Saban has. IMO if I was a coach I would do a second take on the Job. They are firing a guy that won 2 SEC titles , 1 National Championship, and averaged 10 wins a year. Let that marinate for a little bit.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
All I know is the SEC needs LSU to remain competitive and if they lose talent out of this current class then they could easily fall behind for the next two classes. All of this is just crazy. They would have to have a home run hire lined up ... and theres no one that really fits that bill in college outside of Saban and Meyer. They could go pro but again who ... its just a totally bizarre situation. We thought it was something we folks started asking for Richt's head earlier in the season, but this? Just weird.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
All Saban needs is 45 days of transition down there to drive an even bigger stake that will take years to remove. I also think Arkansas benefits as well because they understand and are trying to build a program to play football that will allow you to win something meaningful. Meaning that question whether you can consistently win championships at the national level running a spread or HUNH. It's still true that the best players want to play in a prostyle system.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
All Saban needs is 45 days of transition down there to drive an even bigger stake that will take years to remove. I also think Arkansas benefits as well because they understand and are trying to build a program to play football that will allow you to win something meaningful. Meaning that question whether you can consistently win championships at the national level running a spread or HUNH. It's still true that the best players want to play in a prostyle system.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
I would think that with Chip Kelly falling on his face in Philly that would be even more so moving forward.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Amazingly, coaching changes haven't seemed to make a huge difference in big programs, from what I've seen over the years. Sure, a couple of kids might decommit, but most of them don't seem to panic. Plus, LSU pulls a lot of kids in their region. I would love to snag a couple of their top commitments, but I'll be surprised if LSU losing Miles has a big benefit for us in recruiting.
That Moses kid might be swayed by it...:cool2:

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
Wow! Hard to believe LSU is keeping Les after all of the team and fans bidding him a good farewell. They liked him, but i don't think they really wanted him to stay. I don't mind him staying, because we have shown we can beat him. Plus, he will have a hot seat from now on out. He will be on a year to year contract now unless his agents plays hardball and demands a long contract extension. I still think players will question how long he will be around.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Wow! Hard to believe LSU is keeping Les after all of the team and fans bidding him a good farewell. They liked him, but i don't think they really wanted him to stay. I don't mind him staying, because we have shown we can beat him. Plus, he will have a hot seat from now on out. He will be on a year to year contract now unless his agents plays hardball and demands a long contract extension. I still think players will question how long he will be around.
Doesn't he have a multi-year deal that includes that huge buyout already? IIRC he's to be paid either just above or right at the rate of the highest paid coach in the SEC...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.