News Article: Adam Griffith opens up about life after Kick Six

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Click here
The stakes are different as Griffith returns to Auburn this weekend. The hype around the 2015 Iron Bowl is diminished as Auburn limps into the game with the worst record in the SEC West. Alabama has far more to play for as it pursues return trips to the SEC Championship and the College Football Playoff.
If Griffith is needed to make a long kick, he'll be ready. He's been Alabama's starting kicker the last two seasons and is as confident as he's been in years. Griffith put the past behind him and ignored the critics.

ChattTide

All-SEC
Jul 20, 2000
Memphis, TN
Can't wait for this game to be over because all we're going to hear all week is about the kick 6 thing. Unfortunately, however, I believe the auburnites will continue reliving this just like they do "punt Bama punt".

Needs to exorcise some demons is jhs this weekend.

Roll Tide!!
ChattTide

Bamagator

Scout Team
Jan 12, 2000
My fear was that it would be blocked and returned for touchdown, or shanked and land on about the 20. I was amazed how far, how high and straight it did go. With the receiver one yard from the in-line, from the kick's trajectory, at 10 feet off the ground, I would estimate the ball would have been within about three yards of the crossbar. (My TI 83 Plus is out of batteries or I'd do the calculus.) I can't fault anyone in that situation for coming up short.

Anybody giving him grief is an imbecile. I've shanked a 3-iron out of bounds on the 18th hole once or twice - with nothing on the line and nobody watching.

I truly admire his ability to come back from that and face the risk again. I suspect most of the people down on him would have just quit in that situation, but of course, they weren't ever good enough to be there in the first place.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Can't wait for this game to be over because all we're going to hear all week is about the kick 6 thing. Unfortunately, however, I believe the auburnites will continue reliving this just like they do "punt Bama punt".

Needs to exorcise some demons is jhs this weekend.

Roll Tide!!
ChattTide
I obviously hope we score a bunch of TDs on them, but I would like to see Griffith kick a 45-55yd FG on AU at least once this weekend.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Griffith was the very least of the problems on that play.

Yep, no way you can honestly fault a kicker for missing a nearly 60yd FG. The problem was not being ready to stop a return attempt.

I still contend that the AU player stepped out of bounds around the 50yd line or so. :cool2:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.