Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Last edited:

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
While I don't agree with a lot of his assessments, IMO his point about fascism is right on.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Good read there CA. Tidewater, I'll need an interpreter for you remarks.
Let me give you an example. Woodrow Wilson (not my favorite president) was the president of Princeton and then became President of the United States. Buildings are named at Princeton after the man. "Home-town boy makes good."
On the other hand, he was a racist.
I will guarantee you that nobody from Princeton declared at the time that they were naming a building after Wilson because he was a racist.
BLM activists demand that their interpretation of Wilson's legacy ("Wilson was a racist") is the only conceivable legitimate interpretation. Everyone who disagrees must shut up and endorse the BLM interpretation. No one but BLM has the right to have an opinion on Wilson's legacy that is contrary to BLM's interpretation.
I believe that the buildings at Princeton named after Wilson were named because they were proud that one of theirs was elected to the highest office in the country. It was not an endorsement of his racial views (which were sadly common in his day).
We do not name buildings after peoples' failures. We name then to celebrate peoples' achievements. And who gets to decide whether the failings outweigh the achievements? BLM is asserting that they are the only ones who have the power to decide that.
I dissent.

AV8N

1st Team
Sep 18, 2013
Working to get KKK member Robert Byrd's name off every man made structure in West Virginia could keep someone busy for an awful long time.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I bet most people have no idea what Wilson's racial views were.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I don't think the writer understands conservatism and I have a hard time, after reading his article, that's he is much different than the college students he is criticizing. He only won't go so far as to muzzle those he disagrees with.

Then again, maybe I have a misunderstanding of what conservatism is.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.