Cyrus Jones Named SEC Co-Special Teams Player of the Week

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
TAMU kicker Taylor Bertolet made 6 FGs against Vandy.

Yeah, I just saw it here.

I'm sorry, though - while six field goals in a game is certainly something, he did go six out of seven with a 35-yard miss. To me, six of seven fields goals with a long of 46 doesn't equate to going two for two on punt returns for touchdowns.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL

I'm sorry, though - while six field goals in a game is certainly something, he did go six out of seven with a 35-yard miss. To me, six of seven fields goals with a long of 46 doesn't equate to going two for two on punt returns for touchdowns.
I guess you could say that, but otoh, being held to field goals 7x in a single game by VANDY is certainly nothing to brag about. But, I guess the kid did rescue their behinds 6 of those 7 times. I guess it's all in how you look at it.

22Musso22

We all know there was only ONE special teams player this past week and it was Cyrus Jones.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I guess you could say that, but otoh, being held to field goals 7x in a single game by VANDY is certainly nothing to brag about. But, I guess the kid did rescue their behinds 6 of those 7 times. I guess it's all in how you look at it.
Vandy is the only team their OL could protect for that many FGs... ;)

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
When you intercept an option pitch you should be defensive player of the week by default.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013

Agreed.

VirginiaTide57

All-American
Jan 19, 2005
Fredericksburg, Virginia
What's interesting is who would have thought Bama would be mentioned in the SEC Specials Teams Player of the Week when the season started. To receive it outright and share less than a month later says a lot about the incremental improvement of this team as the season unfolded.

lowend

All-SEC
Feb 20, 2005
And then he starts to run his mouth. Given the number of penalties he draws, I wonder about his judgement sometimes.

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/i..._db_on_auburns_receiver.html#incart_big-photo

The answer started out by the book.

Regarding Auburn's wide receivers, Alabama cornerback Cyrus Jones began by saying, "They're pretty good players, you know, athletic, fast."

Jones then threw in, "I don't think they're nothing special, honestly."

"But we still can't overlook them," Jones continued. "We've still got to prepare for them like we're playing the best guys in our conference. I just think we have to come in there ready to do our job, which we do every weekend."

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.