Link: Ryan Kelly on Carl Lawson: 'Honestly don't know who that is'

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
What..when?
Several times, in post game pressers, he has said that the team has not played to a standard. This is what he means. When they do not respect their opponent, they play down to the level of their opponent (or they have). Also, Saban said that he was happy that they didn't make the same mistake last Saturday. The reality - the team that you played on Saturday was not trying to do anything other than get out of Tuscaloosa without injuries. Alabama played well, but how could you tell if it was superior effort instead of apathy from the opponent?

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Several times, in post game pressers, he has said that the team has not played to a standard. This is what he means. When they do not respect their opponent, they play down to the level of their opponent (or they have). Also, Saban said that he was happy that they didn't make the same mistake last Saturday. The reality - the team that you played on Saturday was not trying to do anything other than get out of Tuscaloosa without injuries. Alabama played well, but how could you tell if it was superior effort instead of apathy from the opponent?
I get your point, but you might be readinginto this little too much than it was intended to... Ole miss - Ole Miss players let their emotions get best of them. In other games,wedidn't play well in 1st half, only to come alive in second half.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I don't know why this is a big deal... and I don't know why BigTide said Saban admitted that team were taking Auburn Lightly....
That is not what I said. No where, no how. I said that I don't care what the players say as long as they don't take Auburn lightly.

Come on, man...

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I get your point, but you might be reading into this little too much than it was intended to..
Maybe, but I just don't think so. Alabama has played well against every solid opponent this year - including Ole Miss. The only problem with the Ole Miss game was the turnovers. Other than that, the team played very well.

russtang

All-American
Apr 11, 2007
Central Alabama
www.uniquetitanium.com
The headline reads "I don't think they're nothing special"

If there were no agenda, it would have read "Alabama DB says Auburns receivers are fast and athletic." or "Alabama DB says AU receivers like best in conference".

If RK and CJ are guilty of anything it's brutal honesty.
I see zero intent at smack talk, zero disrespect and zero chance of overlooking AU.

These headlines are click bait for the fans to squabble over. It worked again.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
HAHA..All this might do is fire them up to score a late TD in the 4th to keep it from being a shut out & lose 45-7..The Barn suxs & fully expect a blow out trash talking or not..This Bama Team is on a NC Mission & the stank from Lee County has no chance in hell of beating us under any circumstance..

This is the fire auburn needs to win

Somebody should shut him up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
This Auburn team is probably a lot like the 2009 and 2011 units. I'd lean more 2011 than 2009 because Todd was a pretty solid college quarterback by the end of that 2009 season. That 2009 matchup was also the first time Saban/Smart had ever seen the Malzahn offense in person and they probably didn't get the players as prepared for the window dressing as they could today with years of tape on them. Plus, they threw out everything they could early in the game and had all hits.

I do think this is a motivator for Auburn but the at the end of the day it comes down to talent and execution. If Alabama executes then their talent will win the day, if they don't then they can lose. Just like any game. I just hope their minds are right.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.