Link: Ryan Kelly on Carl Lawson: 'Honestly don't know who that is'

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Another thought - a lot of people on this site have ranted about the lack of focus placed on this game by Saban/Alabama vs the focus placed on this game by Auburn and its coaches. Many have even posited that the reason that Saban led Alabama teams have struggled with Auburn is tied to the fact that they place so much more emphasis on the game than you guys do.

So, tell me, is Alabama placing enough emphasis on this game?
The previous discussions are based on something completely different.

As has been said numerous times in this thread, Ryan Kelly honestly didn't know Carl Lawson when asked. I posted a tweet from former Alabama OL Mike Johnson yesterday. He said Ryan shouldn't know since the team hadn't gone over things yet.

This is far from an example of what you mentioned.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
The previous discussions are based on something completely different.

As has been said numerous times in this thread, Ryan Kelly honestly didn't know Carl Lawson when asked. I posted a tweet from former Alabama OL Mike Johnson yesterday. He said Ryan shouldn't know since the team hadn't gone over things yet.

This is far from an example of what you mentioned.
THIS x1000. It's not like the guys get together and watch other games on the weekends. They focus on who they have to play THAT week. It's not like Lawson is Leonard Fournette with his name on sportscenter and the internet all the time. Lawson has improved things for sure, but it's not like he's dominating the stats and getting a lot of attention, even in just the SEC, much less nationally. Ask Kelly today, and he's probably watched some film and know who he is and have something to say. That said - lawson isn't looking like a guy you do something special for right now. Not saying that to be critical of the guy, as he actually sounds like a pretty good/humble kid, but I don't think he's where he was pre-injury yet...

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
So you are strictly an Alabama fan and not a fan of the sport of football? Nothing wrong with that at all just curious. I'm a fan of football so I'll watch pretty much any college or NFL game..
Pretty much. Haven't watched NFL in............I can't remember how long.

I no longer have the interest to watch teams that I do not like, and sit through who knows how many commercials, to do so. There are lots of other things to do that do not require a constant bombardment of insipid advertising.

Now that most of it is now on ESPN, it means I have to pay for the privilege of watching their commercials. I don't have cable, so that problem is solved. Just leaves me with putting up with CBS.

And, yes, when we are on ESPN, I have to leave my friendly confines, and impose on someone who has cable, but never watches ESPN.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I love how the media keeps pushing this as him bashing Carl Lawson. The dude didn't really know who Lawson was. He never faces him. Probably never will. I doubt he can name their DB's either.

These barners (and media) are just begging for bulletin board material and this ain't it...

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.