Why the US won't defeat ISIS

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
We're dropping leaflets telling them to get out of their trucks and run before shooting up the trucks.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...83-fuel-trucks-in-syria/ar-BBnmvOY?li=BBnb7Kz

and the point of killing a bunch of civilian truck drivers is what exactly?

The Pentagon says that while the trucks were being used to support the IS group, the drivers themselves were not thought to be jihadists.

US A-10 air-to-ground attack planes and AC-130 gunships then destroyed the tankers, Davis said, adding there had been no reports of civilian casualties.

"We have very methodically gone through this to ensure that we are doing this in a way that is humane and not going to cause civilian casualties," Davis said, while "also recognizing the fact that these trucks are an integral link in the revenue stream that is providing revenue ... to ISIL."

MDBSnare

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2007
and the point of killing a bunch of civilian truck drivers is what exactly?
Ummmmm.....to dissuade them from helping terrorists? Now they can deliver, but be warned when to get out before harm.......

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
"The Pentagon says that while the trucks were being used to support the IS group, the drivers themselves were not thought to be jihadists."
I've not read many things more ridiculous than that statement. Unless they are slaves driving the trucks at gunpoint, they are jihadists supporting the cause.

bobstod

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Magnolia Springs, AL. USA
You have to do more than defeat ISIS. You have to put together a coalition of nations that really don't like each other much and have differing objectives. Anyway, no matter what Obama did, you guys would find fault with it. At times of crisis, the Christian thing to do is support your leaders and pray for them to have wisdom and discernment.

I swear, I think some of you guys believe we can just go kill everybody over there and that would solve everything. That's pretty shallow. Not a whole lot of wisdom or discernment in that....

tidegrandpa

All-American
Well, this is nothing new when bombing non military targets, my dad and his squadron in WWII had pilots a day or two ahead
of the bomb runs on rail yard and oil storage facilities drop leaflets warning civilians in France, Poland and Amsterdam that a raid on their area was coming.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Well, this is nothing new when bombing non military targets, my dad and his squadron in WWII had pilots a day or two ahead
of the bomb runs on rail yard and oil storage facilities drop leaflets warning civilians in France, Poland and Amsterdam that a raid on their area was coming.
My brother has an entire collection of them from his time in Saudi, Kuwait and Iraq in Desert Storm

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
Well, like most Presidents, he has the Joint Chiefs and a bunch of military advisers. We have moved past the time when the king was expected to command the army in the field and hack folks down with his sword.
Except we have a President who thinks he IS THE KING and can run everything by Presidential fiat (executive order).

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.