L5U to make a run at Art Briles (per my Waco/Baylor source)

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Chip Kelly cannot recruit well enough in Louisiana to compete with Bama. Whoever is the coach there has to have a personality that will mix well. To say that is a different culture down there is a big understatement.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
No truer words were ever spoken. You have to live there for a while to truly understand it. There are some wonderful people in Louisiana. They`re just.......different. One thing pretty much unites them though. They love the tigers...so much so they get irrational. All this is a case in point.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Re: LSU to make a run at Art Briles (per my Waco/Baylor source)

Sounds like baylol fans pumping their ego a bit.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

Interesting.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
Briles is a Texas native. He coached HS football there, then UH now Baylor. His next logical step is to take over the flagship of the state and bring it back to its former glory (in their minds). He has all the recruiting connections. I just don't see him leaving. I think he waits one more year, and if Strong can't right the ship, Art will be given the keys to the castle.

Briles is a Texas native. He coached HS football there, then UH now Baylor. His next logical step is to take over the flagship of the state and bring it back to its former glory (in their minds). He has all the recruiting connections. I just don't see him leaving. I think he waits one more year, and if Strong can't right the ship, Art will be given the keys to the castle.
Do horn fans want that style of football though. That's my thing.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Last edited:

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas

But Bevo U, and their hubris, is not going to admit they were wrong, and pluck a former HS coach, from a team they would rather not have in the conference.

Which is their other big problem: how can the Little 12 expand, when they are already mad they had to accept "nobodies" from the old SWC. That was the impetus to form what was then the Big XII: keep them pansy church schools out.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL

And without a once in a generation player on the team it really didn't. Same with Auburn.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Well Auburn's "once in a generation" player was once on the roster right behind Florida's "once in a generation" player so I think it may be time to rethink what that term actually means.

Furthermore, his first title was with Chris Leak.

Last edited:

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

But Bevo U, and their hubris, is not going to admit they were wrong, and pluck a former HS coach, from a team they would rather not have in the conference.

Which is their other big problem: how can the Little 12 expand, when they are already mad they had to accept "nobodies" from the old SWC. That was the impetus to form what was then the Big XII: keep them pansy church schools out.
Its funny. All my Nebraska buddies hate Texas. I mean HATE Texas. Texas has run rough shot over that conference(s) for decades. For the Big12 to be successful, they will have cede control and create a revenue sharing model similar to the SEC, otherwise, their conference will eventually dissolve.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Well Auburn's "once in a generation" player was once on the roster right behind Florida's "once in a generation" player so I think it may be time to rethink what that term actually means.

Furthermore, his first title was with Chris Leak.
who was a the most sought after QB in his high school class in 2003.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Furthermore, his first title was with Chris Leak as the starter and Tim Tebow making the plays Leak couldn't.
FIFY

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL

It took Tim Tebow, and even he wasn't enough after footage got out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, we saw how long UM stuck around after Saint Timmy left. The only reason his offense works in Columbus is the lack of competition, but MSU/Michigan will put a stop to that now. UM is obviously a good coach or he wouldn't have won multiple championships, but his system just isn't built for sustainability.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.