L5U to make a run at Art Briles (per my Waco/Baylor source)

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Re: LSU to make a run at Art Briles (per my Waco/Baylor source)

[Leak] was a the most sought after QB in his high school class in 2003.
Still not "once in a generation" talent. Just the usual great players Florida gets.

Furthermore, his first title was with Chris Leak as the starter and Tim Tebow making the plays Leak couldn't.
Whatever. They didn't need Tebow's production in 2006.

Last edited:

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

Well Auburn's "once in a generation" player was once on the roster right behind Florida's "once in a generation" player so I think it may be time to rethink what that term actually means.

Furthermore, his first title was with Chris Leak.
His first title was with Leak. He didn't run "his" offense with Leak like he did with Tebow. He played to his strength.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL

His first title was with Leak. He didn't run "his" offense with Leak like he did with Tebow. He played to his strength.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Doesn't matter. His offense worked in the SEC, proving doubters wrong.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Still not "once in a generation" talent. Just the usual great players Florida gets.
Taking things pretty literally, aren't we? I agree we shouldn't use the "once in a generation" title as much as we do, but there's no arguing Tebow and Cam were the ideal player for their respective system.

Whatever. They didn't need Tebow's production in 2006.
He had 21% of their rushing yards in 2006, only behind DeShawn Wynn. He had 33% of their rushing TD's. I'm sure that production wasn't needed at all.

Doesn't matter. His offense worked in the SEC, proving doubters wrong.
Yes, it worked... With particular players.

How well did it work in 2005? What about 2010?

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

They most certainly did need Tebow's production in 2006. However, I disagree that his offense is any sort of flash in the pan that needs a once in a generation talent. It's most predicated upon power running. Just out of spread formations, and often times using the QB as the power runner. Having a once in a generation talent is wonderful, but no one on Ohio State is "once in a generation." (Braxton Miller, maybe. But he was out all last year and hasn't been the focal point this year).

Urban Meyer just doesn't sustain a program very well. Maybe he will at OSU. It's still very early and they only lost one game.

jef0071

Suspended
Dec 19, 2005
Hewitt, Texas, United States

Yeah, and he would win the SEC West every year beating 'Bama with an all-Tejas roster, having conceded Louisiana's recruiting "crumbs" to Saban as a consolation prize for the annual beatdown his team puts on the Tide...
i never said all that, but i do think he would do a better job than what miles has done...i just really hope the corndogs suffer the fate that tennessee has suffered, since they let fat boy fulmer go

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Briles at LSU would be about 3 years too late. Coach Saban has figured out how to stop that foolishness, and get Football back on track.....

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I just left my favorite Baylor board and they are oblivious to this rumor. Mostly they are whining about the SEC, Alabama, ESPN & SEC conspiracy plots. Thread like "I hope Mississippi wins the SEC." and then go on to explain how the CFP would figure out an excuse to make ESPN happy an include them in the top four anyway. Sheesch.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I just left my favorite Baylor board and they are oblivious to this rumor. Mostly they are whining about the SEC, Alabama, ESPN & SEC conspiracy plots. Thread like "I hope Mississippi wins the SEC." and then go on to explain how the CFP would figure out an excuse to make ESPN happy an include them in the top four anyway. Sheesch.
Whiners - like their head coach.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.