L5U to make a run at Art Briles (per my Waco/Baylor source)

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Re: LSU to make a run at Art Briles (per my Waco/Baylor source)

I wouldn't be surprised cause folks thinks HUNH offenses are the answers to ending Coach Saban's run at Bama, look at all the HUNH teams in the SEC since Coach Saban has been our HC, but, Coach Saban has adjusted his D with more explosive speed to nullify any chance for that to happen..Personally..I think throwing a blank check at Chip Kelly would be a better option cause I think he's a better HC than Briles..I think Briles would be a good choice as well, but, he would never dethrone Coach Saban in the SEC..Neither would Kelly as far as that goes..I think they need a Pro Style Offense type HC that can actually develop the talent at LSU would be the way to go myself..

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Shows up in Rivals DB as from Bradenton, FL (IMG) so he didn't show up when I looked by state.
He transferred this off season because IMG is like a training facility that has classes.

Bo Scarbrough played there his senior year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA

He transferred this off season because IMG is like a training facility that has classes.

Bo Scarbrough played there his senior year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good memory. Once I saw your post and looked him up, I realized why I missed him.

HartselleTider

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012

LSU has historically always had great skill players, but they lack at the QB position. Let me ask you guys a question, does the state of Louisiana never put out any good 5 star QB's or something? It seems to me, that LSU has always had extremely mediocre QB play and to be completely honest with you, the QB's I have seen LSU have would have been better suited for a Wishbone offense or something.

But anyway, the skill positions would be a non-issue at LSU for Briles (assuming he went there) - However, I do think he'd have to duck over to Texas to find his QBs.

Brock Berlin!

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

I don't think Briles will leave Texas...so many connections in that state.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA

Wouldn't want that whiner anywhere near my program.
It's LSU , a perfect fit. The referees cheated us......the CFPC cheated us . Lots of whining and crying from both.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

um ... no ... agreeing with the sentiment with most that it would have to be a coach that runs a pro style offense or a power run-based spread offense to utilize the talent there. Briles would have to recruit his type of players there which would take at least 2 3 cycles to even get something going. Reports keep pointing to ol Jimbo as the target. His stye of coaching would match well with the SEC in theory and he's a former LSU employee so he knows the landscape already.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

He's not leaving FSU for LSU unless he thinks something is gonna go wrong there with the NCAA.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
. Let me ask you guys a question, does the state of Louisiana never put out any good 5 star QB's or something?
I heard those Manning kids were pretty good QBs . . .

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Wouldn't a better title be LSU makes a PASS at Briles?

Briles not Miles - can't even imagine the Verne names for the LSU coach.

"LSU Coach Art Miles, who replaced the late Lou Saban at FSU, brings a high octane SUV attack to the SEC."

JQBama42

Scout Team
Sep 24, 2014
Enid, OK
Briles built Baylor up slowly by scheduling the weakest non conference games he could to get wins. More wins and bowl appearances helped bring in better recruits. He still schedules weak non conference and the Big12(not 12) is the most watered down big five conference. No way he wants a single season through the meat grinder of the SEC. LSU would be fools to can Miles. They are going to spend a ton of money to bring a question mark of a coach in and what happens if he loses to Coach Saban the first two years? Fire him too? Let the corn dog spiral begin!

jef0071

Suspended
Dec 19, 2005
Hewitt, Texas, United States

PLEASE let Briles be the next coach at L5U! Pleeeeeeeease?!?!
i'd be careful with what i wish for...you have no clue how terrible baylor was before briles...he would be in a lot better place at lsWHO and be able to get better talent and probably bring in a good DC. i wouldn't like to see briles at lswho...it aint the same as seiing baylor in the west with briles as coach

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Chip Kelly cannot recruit well enough in Louisiana to compete with Bama. Whoever is the coach there has to have a personality that will mix well. To say that is a different culture down there is a big understatement.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

i'd be careful with what i wish for...you have no clue how terrible baylor was before briles...
FYI, I wasn't born last week, I've been watching football for a few years now. I actually have a clue as to how bad Baylol was, but appreciate the condescension.

he would be in a lot better place at lsWHO and be able to get better talent and probably bring in a good DC. i wouldn't like to see briles at lswho...it aint the same as seiing baylor in the west with briles as coach
Yah, his style of FB has won so many championships now, I can see what you mean.

:rolleyes:

Until one of these basketball-on-grass teams actually wins something, I'll continue to judge them on their annual collapse when they face a moderately decent defense.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

It's all about balance. Give me a defensive expert, who values an offense that can control the ball and attack the opposing defense from all angles. So, he controls the defensive side of the ball and hires an up and coming offensive genius and recruits the heck out of both sides; doesn't favor one over the other.

Basically what we have now. I don't want some offensive whiz running my program, especially a HUNH coach, who doesn't value his defense.

Frankly, if LSU is dumb enough to go after Briles AND if Briles is dumb enough to take the offer, I'll be ecstatic. He's perfect at Baylor, where all the yards and points he piles up keeps their fan base interested, and when he falters annually in the NC race, they don't mind that much.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012

Yeah, and he would win the SEC West every year beating 'Bama with an all-Tejas roster, having conceded Louisiana's recruiting "crumbs" to Saban as a consolation prize for the annual beatdown his team puts on the Tide...

i'd be careful with what i wish for...you have no clue how terrible baylor was before briles...he would be in a lot better place at lsWHO and be able to get better talent and probably bring in a good DC. i wouldn't like to see briles at lswho...it aint the same as seiing baylor in the west with briles as coach

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.