Best venue in Tuscaloosa to watch the Iron Bowl?

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Going to be visiting my in-laws this weekend and need to know the best spot to sit and watch the IB - BWW comes to mind, is that my best option?

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Going to be visiting my in-laws this weekend and need to know the best spot to sit and watch the IB - BWW comes to mind, is that my best option?
Moes original bbq on univ blvd, maybe? Better food than BWW, less annoyingly loud so that you could have a semi-chat during the game. Televisions galore.

Admitted bias: Not a fan of BWW. Anywhere.

MobileCrimson

1st Team
Feb 27, 2014
Moes original bbq on univ blvd, maybe? Better food than BWW, less annoyingly loud so that you could have a semi-chat during the game. Televisions galore.

Admitted bias: Not a fan of BWW. Anywhere.
Moes would get my vote too. Much better atmosphere than BWW.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
And the Moe's founders are hometown Huntsville kids, although we first ate their BBQ in Vail, CO. We happened to be in there when they were and my wife recognized them. They were in HS with my stepsons. Next thing I know, they're everywhere. The original "Moe" was a black gentleman from Montgomery, who emigrated to CO, and they learned the cooking trade from him...

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
My personal favorite is Egan's. Not much for food unless you plan to chow down on chips served out of small sealed bags. But Steamers is across the street, and the burger joint not far at all. Loud, boisterous, profane, huge fun.

Only downside is it can get smoky. As defined by the health department, they don't serve food. So they're legally a bar only. So smoking is legal. Good news is that younger folks don't smoke much, and the OFC (of which I am a proud member) will probably be with family over Thanksgiving.

I'll be at Egan's.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
I forgot about The Avenue Pub on 23rd downtown . . . Better food, less video/tv equipped. Wilhagans is downdtown, too. Good game watching, OK food.

Between Moes, The Avenue, and Wilhagan's you should be able to find an agreeable spot.

Did I mention I'm a fan of the collard greens at Moes? :)

They are also downtown and and easy meander to the strip if you want to join in post-beating festivities.

Last edited:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
My personal favorite is Egan's. Not much for food unless you plan to chow down on chips served out of small sealed bags. But Steamers is across the street, and the burger joint not far at all. Loud, boisterous, profane, huge fun.

Only downside is it can get smoky. As defined by the health department, they don't serve food. So they're legally a bar only. So smoking is legal. Good news is that younger folks don't smoke much, and the OFC (of which I am a proud member) will probably be with family over Thanksgiving.

I'll be at Egan's.
i threw back many beers at egans. my favorite bar in t-town while i was there

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
My top three would be Buffalo Phil's on the strip, Wilhagen's and Innisfree downtown in that order. All of these have pretty good food and will be filled with Bama fans for the game. Have fun!

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
A couple of years ago, I was down for an SEC matchup, and a buddy told me we'd take in some tailgating and then hit up somewhere to watch the game. I was thinking bar or traditional restaurant, something like that. As game time approached, turned out he had no idea where to go, and we wound up watching the game at Moe's. Not the BBQ restaurant everyone keeps raving about, Moe's Southwest Grill. There were 3 tables filled there, one was a bunch of drunk sorority girls who were just trying to get over the hangover, another was a group of Mormon missionaries, and ours was the 3rd. Wound up watching on a 20" tv in the most dead atmosphere you can imagine.

So my recommendation, don't go to Moe's... Southwest Grill. Lol

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
Surprised no one has mentioned Bob's Victory Grille. Never been there to watch Bama on TV, but have been there for Hey Coach prior to home games. All I can speak to is really good pizza and cold beverage. Tons of big screen TV's all over the place.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Surprised no one has mentioned Bob's Victory Grille. Never been there to watch Bama on TV, but have been there for Hey Coach prior to home games. All I can speak to is really good pizza and cold beverage. Tons of big screen TV's all over the place.
Bob's victory grill in midtown is a good place as well. Baumhower's Wings is closed for renovation. There is a new one south of town by Lowes off Skyland Blvd., but I'd rather be closer to the strip personally.

The Playmaker

2nd Team
Jan 9, 2011
T-town
For food, I would goe Moe's and get the smoked wings.

For TVs and space, Houndstooth. Every game will be on and Alabama on the biggest and most. My usual spot regardless of night.

Innisfree is a nice place but I'm not the biggest fan of their floor plan for a game. Can get cramped but not sure about crowds for road game on Thanksgiving weekend.

Gallettes is another nice place as well.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Moe's BBQ has good food, it would be my recommendation if you want good eats during the game. You get your money's worth there. Houndstooth is probably the best on TV coverage though.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Also, don't be afraid to try some of their poultry entrees. The chicken plate is huge and the wings are top notch. May be better than their pork stuffs.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.