Link: Fired up Gus Malzahn over Trick plays against Bama

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I'm not worried about straight drop back passes, what we'll need to be prepared for is the double reverse throw backs, and the "act like I'm going to run and then pass" that tricks our dbs to come up and play run defense.

I know CNS and company are drilling it into their heads this week, but that's the only way they threaten us IMO. Straight up, they can't run or pass against our defense enough to sustain long drives and score lot's of points, so CNS and CKS know they're going to thrown the kitchen sink at us.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
With their QBs - one wounded and one throwing flutterballs past 20 yards - I hope they try a deep pass every series. Funny thing is that, when I read their pages, they refer to our DBs and QB both as "shaky" or "suspect." What games are they watching?
They've been watching all the games presented when the REC took over the local television station. Ya know. Cuz satellite and cable ain't made it to the trailer park yet.

Last edited:

TRU

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2000
Tampa, FL
It's going a game full of illegal lineman downfield, chop blocks, twisting legs and gouging eyes in the pile, trick plays, triple reverses, and fake punts. Gus is going to do everything that he can think he might get away with to win. And he will lose by 3 TDs.

Alanbama27

All-American
Sep 24, 2003
Hoover, Alabama, USA
My issue with Malzahn is that he didn't plan for his HIGH SCHOOL OFFENSE to get figured out in short order! How stupid can you be to believe that you'll have a $Cam Newton to run it more than once. Nick Marshall did an adequate job but without someone who arguably is the best player in college athletics at the time, his offense is below average. His record reflects it as well! And lets not even get started on the luck factor; if Aubie doesn't have luck, they lose 5 games a year easily!

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Asked earlier in the press conference if he planned to take some cheap shots early against Alabama's secondary, Malzahn had a nice quip.

"Yeah, I'm telling you," he said.

I fixed it for them.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
With their QBs - one wounded and one throwing flutterballs past 20 yards - I hope they try a deep pass every series. Funny thing is that, when I read their pages, they refer to our DBs and QB both as "shaky" or "suspect." What games are they watching?
Yeah they shakin...when they're dancing in the end zone after a pick six.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
It's going a game full of illegal lineman downfield, chop blocks, twisting legs and gouging eyes in the pile, trick plays, triple reverses, and fake punts. Gus is going to do everything that he can think he might get away with to win. And he will lose by 3 TDs.
So pretty much what they've been doing for the last 3 years.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
You're probably right about illegal lineman downfield, but the IB is actually usually pretty clean between the two teams.

Now, if the fans played, it would be WWIII.

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
This is the same team that had to come from behind to beat Jacksonville state in ot, that's all you need to know.

BadgerTidefan

1st Team
Dec 2, 2006
Jennings, FL
I agree with the poster that just doesn't like Malzahn. I certainly don't like Auburn, but GM adds a particularly nasty side to them. He is way over-rated and seems to think very highly of himself. He's really out of touch if he thinks Alabama is sneaking around trying to find out his secrets, huh? I bet he's going nuts this week, worried about getting embarrassed most likely.Tubby was ok for me anyway. My daughter met him once or twice at a farm store near Notasulga and liked him after talking to him. BTW, she is a Bama fan,even though she attended Auburn.

Bruce014

1st Team
Aug 29, 2012
Alabama
Malzhan is another example of the Auburn football program trying to get one "on the cheap."
To build a quality football program you have to build up a strong defense first, then concentrate on special teams, and then put in an offense that complements those elements. If you do it that way, you will lose a few games in the first 2-3 seasons, but you will have longterm success. Instead, Auburn tries to defy the tried and true techniques, going instead with flash and quick fixes.

I would have a lot more respect for them if they'd do it the right way, but they won't because that would mean losing to us for several years, and Pat Dye, as obsessed with Bama as any man alive, will not allow that to happen.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.