Link: Fired up Gus Malzahn over Trick plays against Bama

tidehawk

HS Moderator
Staff member
Feb 9, 2001
Wetumpka, AL
I'm not worried about straight drop back passes, what we'll need to be prepared for is the double reverse throw backs, and the "act like I'm going to run and then pass" that tricks our dbs to come up and play run defense.

I know CNS and company are drilling it into their heads this week, but that's the only way they threaten us IMO. Straight up, they can't run or pass against our defense enough to sustain long drives and score lot's of points, so CNS and CKS know they're going to thrown the kitchen sink at us.
In games this year where reverses or that ilk have been tried, Bama has been strong on the backside and been ready. That will be the case tomorrow. When you have to resort to trickery, it is an extreme uphill climb.

MDBSnare

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2007
Malzhan is another example of the Auburn football program trying to get one "on the cheap."
To build a quality football program you have to build up a strong defense first, then concentrate on special teams, and then put in an offense that complements those elements. If you do it that way, you will lose a few games in the first 2-3 seasons, but you will have longterm success. Instead, Auburn tries to defy the tried and true techniques, going instead with flash and quick fixes.

I would have a lot more respect for them if they'd do it the right way, but they won't because that would mean losing to us for several years, and Pat Dye, as obsessed with Bama as any man alive, will not allow that to happen.
Problem: That is Nick Saban philosophy, and the barn knows they could never win with this whilst one "evil tirant" coach resides in Tuscaloosa. They must Rey on a fluke offense, because they are a fluke!

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
So now we know the old wet field play. I am sure their players had all the right cleats on. It worked well for them 450 yards of offense for us so great plan Gus.. It did keep Henry out of the end zone one time though.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.