Link: Fired up Gus Malzahn over Trick plays against Bama

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Click here
"You worry about everything in a week like this," Malzahn said. "In our state, you know, both groups keep a close eye on each other. You worry about the confidentiality and everything. It's always high this week, that's the way it is every year. That's part of what makes this rivalry special though. You know, you've got to be thinking ahead and you've got to protect what you're doing."Asked earlier in the press conference if he planned to take some deep shots early against Alabama's secondary, Malzahn had a nice quip.
"Yeah, I'm not telling you," he said.
Gus, *sighs*.... That basically tell us that he's planning to do trick plays and deep passes....

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Does Wing T and a couple of gadget plays qualify as Auburn's offense?
I just hope they don't go into cheap shot U mode.
(They do seem to hurt more players than other teams, lots of knees injured when people play the Barn.)

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Doesn't he know that's what Bama is looking for?

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
With their QBs - one wounded and one throwing flutterballs past 20 yards - I hope they try a deep pass every series. Funny thing is that, when I read their pages, they refer to our DBs and QB both as "shaky" or "suspect." What games are they watching?

With their QBs - one wounded and one throwing flutterballs past 20 yards - I hope they try a deep pass every series. Funny thing is that, when I read their pages, they refer to our DBs and QB both as "shaky" or "suspect." What games are they watching?
That's the thing, they weren't watching. Our secondary is nowhere near as "suspect" as they think. Neither is the DL.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Guys.. That's easy. They watched the 2014 game.. and then declared that we were " shaky". Probably will pick on Jones, Hump and Fitz.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
Going with tricks plays and gimmicks pretty much tells your opponent that you don't have a clue as to how to game plan against a rival. It means you are going to throw crap up against a wall and see what sticks. Unfortunately for Lil Brother, nothing will stick for them. Gus Bus is officially out of fuel.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
If Auburn wants to surprise Alabama they should try running a conventional play or two. No way Saban would see that coming.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Look, he was happy for the team because they got bowl eligible last week; that should tell you all you need to know about him, his expectations, and his abilities as a HC. His mantra after every loss or close win (almost every game except the last one) has been, "We're gonna get better."
I hope he stays there forever.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.