JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Auburn preview: Tide tries to avoid trap at Jordan-Hare
by Jess Nicholas
TideFans Editor-In-Chief
November 25th, 2015 02:05 AM

By Jess Nicholas TideFans.com Editor-In-Chief Nov. 25, 2015 Alabama’s path to college football’s Final Four is clear. But even the clearest of paths can encounter an obstruction during a trip to Auburn’s Jordan-Hare Stadium. For all the talk about throwing out record books, the better team usually wins this game. Notable exceptions have been in […]

Read More Here

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Would happily welcome haff-a-hunnert. Realistically expect the score you predict. Am willing to compromise and split the difference.

Et tu, AU?

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Another really good piece from Jess . . Thanks.

At the start of the season, only the most confirmed barners would have rated their off line better than ours, but your unit grades look right to me.

mikeua69

All-American
Apr 16, 2002
Alabaster, AL
I think this game will be similar to the 2011 game in auburn. The barn had similar offensive issues that year and bama's defense is pretty similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Jess. You have had another undefeated season when it comes to breakdowns.

Now that we've come to the end of he regular season I have to wonder where the time has gone. I truly believe this is a championship year. We still gotta beat AU and your breakdown plainly show that it should happen. We've got to take advantage of that secondary and not let them gain any confidence in offense.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Thanks Jess. Love the breakdowns.

I think this game will be similar to the 2011 game in auburn. The barn had similar offensive issues that year and bama's defense is pretty similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same here. Auburn was ranked 24 in that game and they were a 4 loss team. So a decent team. We won 42-14.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Auburn has excelled at keeping pass-rushers off its quarterbacks, and the Tigers don’t have a lot of negative plays. Auburn would hold a modest edge here if not for the uncertainty surrounding Golson’s knee, but even with Golson questionable, it’s a slim Tiger advantage.
Jess, I was surprised to see this. Looked at the stats and saw Auburn's opponents average 1.45 sacks a game against Auburn. The caveat is the opponents average 2.01 sacks a game for the season.

Looking at Alabama's defense, it averages 3.45 sacks a game.

Probably won't be the sack-fest Alabama has had a few times this year, but I would suspect Jonathan Allen gets a few good licks on whichever QB is back there.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Jess, I was surprised to see this. Looked at the stats and saw Auburn's opponents average 1.45 sacks a game against Auburn. The caveat is the opponents average 2.01 sacks a game for the season.

Looking at Alabama's defense, it averages 3.45 sacks a game.

Probably won't be the sack-fest Alabama has had a few times this year, but I would suspect Jonathan Allen gets a few good licks on whichever QB is back there.
JJ throws INTs to avoid being sacked :D

BubbaOne

Scout Team
Jun 27, 2007
Tucker, GA
Another excellent assessment.

My concern we are rated ahead in about all categories. Sounds great but that Auburn Voodoo
knowing Auburn would sell their soul to knock us off. So Saban best be ready for every conceivable
screw ball play.

Like many I just hope we can win without injury.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
the 2013 auburn team had Nick Marshall and a couple of good WRs ( Duke/ Coates) and a very good backfield (Tre Mason/ bruising FB Prosch and a speedster in Onterio McCalebb for those jet sweeps.)
their defense was a lot more respectable and had a healthy Lawson as a freshmen.
auburn had NC aspirations as well in 2013. that hurtful loss kept us from advancing to our 4th NC appearance in 5 years while they got to play their 2nd in 4 years!!!
our defense was not built to stop their offense at that time and Bama still should have won that game in JHS.

forward to 2015, no Marshall/Duke/ Coates/Mason/ Prosch/McCalebb. their defense is average to poor at best.
OTOH, Alabama defense might be the best in college equipped to handle any offense they see.
Special Teams has seen the greatest improvement from the beginning the year.
and of course, we have Henry who is set to break every Alabama and SEC record before its all over.

the players fully understand what is at stake and the loss in 2013 is on their mind.

if we play Alabama football ( no turnovers/ penalties) the game will not be close.

different team, same goal.

the 2013 auburn team had Nick Marshall and a couple of good WRs ( Duke/ Coates) and a very good backfield (Tre Mason/ bruising FB Prosch and a speedster in Onterio McCalebb for those jet sweeps.)
their defense was a lot more respectable and had a healthy Lawson as a freshmen.
auburn had NC aspirations as well in 2013. that hurtful loss kept us from advancing to our 4th NC appearance in 5 years while they got to play their 2nd in 4 years!!!
our defense was not built to stop their offense at that time and Bama still should have won that game in JHS.

forward to 2015, no Marshall/Duke/ Coates/Mason/ Prosch/McCalebb. their defense is average to poor at best.
OTOH, Alabama defense might be the best in college equipped to handle any offense they see.
Special Teams has seen the greatest improvement from the beginning the year.
and of course, we have Henry who is set to break every Alabama and SEC record before its all over.

the players fully understand what is at stake and the loss in 2013 is on their mind.

if we play Alabama football ( no turnovers/ penalties) the game will not be close.

different team, same goal.
Great observation. From what Ragland is saying about the locker room, it is a lot better than what Bama had in 2013.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.