Report: Kirby Smart’s now the front-runner for the South Carolina job

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I'd love to see CKS go to Va. Tech and get that program competing for ACC championships. If CMR got fired in the next couple of years before Smart turned VT around, he'd probably stay at VT and UGA would go elsewhere. Then after several years, when CNS retires, Smart can come back to Bama.

Nobody knows how all that would turn out, but it's fun predicting.
VaTech is done looking if I'm hearing right. Fuentes from Memphis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaSC

All-SEC
Oct 17, 1999
Chapin, SC
To be honest, Steve Spurrier wasn't much of a recruiter -- it put too much focus on someone else and it was too much work. He certainly had the greater name recognition when he arrived. Once that wore off, though, Dabo's down-home charm took over.

Kirby could counter that.
Another thing hurt Spurrier and SC was after his 3rd 11-win season, SOS said he may only coach 2-3 more years. The recruiting class he was lining up fell apart, some young talent transferred, and they never could recruit very well after that.

What little talent they have left will be gone after Saturday. The next coach here is going to have to start over and will take many beatings over the next couple of years and may be just getting hired to get fired.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Could be wrong about this, but I don't thinks he goes to USC EAST . I think if we will it all, saban retires and he is the next in line.
5 years ago I wouldve said yes, but after Will Muschamp at Florida I would say no. I think we would go after an offensive guy to be honest unless there is a proven defensive head coach out there that just screams "this is the guy".

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
The last few years Spurrier recruited, the players were too young to remember Florida and the "fun and gun". That was a reality check when I read that.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.