GA News: OnlineAthens - Looking at bowl possibilities for Georgia

TideFans Reporter

Click for Real-Time Bama News
Sep 21, 2006
From OnlineAthens.com
November 25th, 2015 12:01 PM

Georgia has a wide range of options for its bowl destination.
They aren’t expected to include a repeat trip to Charlotte. Landing in sunny Orlando seems unlikely.
Athletic director Greg McGarity said going to the Belk Bowl in North Carolina will be avoided under the SEC’s tie-ins and he thinks playing Louisville for the second straight year won’t happen.
Announcements about bowls for SEC teams aren’t expected until Sunday Dec. 6.
“Even after talking to bowl representatives this week, they don’t even know,” McGarity said. “It’s just so fluid right now.”
Georgia (8-3) should be headed to one of the “pool of six bowls” other than the Belk since McGarity figures the Bulldogs are unlikely to get picked to the Citrus Bowl in Orlando which should have a higher-ranked team available.
That would leave the Outback in Tampa on Jan. 1, the TaxSlayer in Jacksonville on Jan. 2, the Music City in Nashville on Dec. 30, the Liberty Bowl in Memphis on Jan. 2 or the Texas Bowl in Houston on Dec. 29.
The SEC assigns teams to each game in consultation with schools and bowls.
“What I’ve learned from the bowls is you just want to have a good experience while you’re there,” senior offensive lineman Kolton Houston said. “You want to be able to enjoy the city. We’re going to have fun wherever we go.”
ESPN’s Mark Schlabach projects Georgia to the TaxSlayer to play Penn State and Brett McMurphy has the Bulldogs getting Kansas State in the Liberty. FoxSports’ Stewart Mandel sees a matchup with Northwestern in the Outback.
Senior linebacker Jake Ganus never reached a bowl game in three seasons at UAB. The team was bowl-eligible last year but the program was shutting down and didn’t get selected.
“I want to go to the best one possible,” he said. “I’m just excited to go to one. That was one of our main goals at UAB was to get to a bowl. Here, it’s like SEC championship, national championship. Where I come from, it’s like six wins.”

...READ MORE HERE...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.