Down from Canada - Where to Tailgate at Auburn

davehomuth

Aug 1, 2010
Coming down from Canada to catch the iron bowl and wondering if there is anywhere where a cluster of bama fans tailgate before the game. It's me and the wife so I don't think she will take as kindly to multiple hours of heckling like my buddies and I got while walking around Baton Rouge last year (must've heard tiger bait about a thousand times). Roll tide.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Best place for someone to tailgate in Awbarn that's from Canada is well Canada :). I wouldn't know. Find people in Crimson and stay near them. They'll be the ones celebrating before during and after the BEATDOWN... I mean game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikelove

Scout Team
Oct 4, 2014
Stay around Bama fans for sure them awebarn fans can be pretty stupid sometimes.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Bama in Quebec

1st Team
Aug 10, 2013
Quebec city
Fundytide, don't forget me ! I represent all the french canadians in the province of Quebec ! My friends are mostly Notre Dame fans but I'm working hard to try to convert them !!!

tmv85

All-SEC
The week of the Tennessee game, a couple from Canada were sitting next to us. The lady and I were talking before the game started. She said they are in oil and gas, and had bought something here in Alabama. I asked if they were Bama fans. She said no, but they decided they needed to go see a UA game. I think by the time the game was over, they had a little Crimson love flowing through them.

fundytide

1st Team
Oct 22, 1999
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
The week of the Tennessee game, a couple from Canada were sitting next to us. The lady and I were talking before the game started. She said they are in oil and gas, and had bought something here in Alabama. I asked if they were Bama fans. She said no, but they decided they needed to go see a UA game. I think by the time the game was over, they had a little Crimson love flowing through them.
I have no doubt. I've been a 'Bama fan for 30 years and went to my first game in Tuscaloosa last season. As you can imagine, my expectations were sky high and the experience exceeded those expectations in every single way. We're trying to make it an annual pilgrimage now.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Won't work! I can not speak it!

I know...............that sounds weird, but pardon a digression.

"Oh, no, another of his famous digressions............."

Long story short, I swapped my math homework for a buddy's French homework. (Heard he went on to be a very successful barrister.) So, I became proficient in reading and writing, as I actually made some effort to figure out what he wrote.

As for speaking.................well, you would have to understand the orphanage I was in............

It was a lot easier for the teacher to say "OK, just do xyz, for your homework" than to get a dysfunctional group of mischievous deviants to try to speak French.

Bama in Quebec

1st Team
Aug 10, 2013
Quebec city
It was a lot easier for the teacher to say "OK, just do xyz, for your homework" than to get a dysfunctional group of mischievous deviants to try to speak French.[/QUOTE]

I can understand the teacher. Doing your math homework is more useful in Texas than trying to speak french....though an american who tries to say a few words in french could help him to catch the attention of our very beautiful french canadian girls :) Believe me, I have two teenager girls and I travel a lot in the US with them !!!!!

davehomuth

Aug 1, 2010
Thanks bamarv will definitely search you out. Can't listen to tiger bait forever. Can we bring anything? To the fellow Canadians I'm from Toronto and their are at least a few of us up there. My license plate is rll tide and someone beat me to rolltide and I passed rollbama on the road a few weeks ago

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Coming down from Canada to catch the iron bowl and wondering if there is anywhere where a cluster of bama fans tailgate before the game. It's me and the wife so I don't think she will take as kindly to multiple hours of heckling like my buddies and I got while walking around Baton Rouge last year (must've heard tiger bait about a thousand times). Roll tide.
Hi, if you're looking to go into town and eat/watch all the games prior or post game then I recommend

Bob's Victory Grille
2353 Bent Creek Rd
Ste 120
Auburn, AL 36830
(334) 246-4180

http://www.yelp.com/biz/bobs-victory-grille-auburn?utm_source=ashare&ref=yelp-android

I've been to the one in Tuscaloosa and absolutely love the place. Perfect for a game day

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.