Link: More Trouble at Florida State?

bama61

1st Team
Aug 24, 2004
North Alabama
I wonder - is the head coach notified when an allegation is made against a player at FSU (or any school)? If there were this many, and Fisher knew about them all, who would want him to run their program? But maybe he did not know.

I ask because I am not aware of the privacy issues associated with these complaints given the fact that these girls were apparently pressured into decisions not to move forward with official charges (fear of retaliation).

Who, within a university, would be aware of charges that do not result in official charges?
LSU it would appear if the internet rumors are correct.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I'm glad my daughters lives no where near Forced Sex University eeerrr I meant FSU..It's sickening those players were allowed to get away with sexual assault, I don't care if it kills their college & NFL careers, you always protect females in situations like this..I love Crimson Tide Football, but, if this went on at Bama, I wouldn't cheer for The Tide until those that was involved or allowed this to happen as FSU officials did were all fired or arrested..

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Saw the same story, last night, over on some other famous sports network site.

The timing is what drew my attention. Why put that out, the day before Thanksgiving, so that it appeared in news feeds later in the evening?

To bury it.

"Yeah, well, we admitted it. Sorry that you missed it. Must have been a really big news day when we released it. We're sorry, we didn't do it, and it won't happen again."

Lather, rinse, repeat............deny, deflect, destroy accusers.....etc.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
LSU could be Jimbo's escape hatch. Too bad, I say, because I think he's partly responsible for all this.
I agree, perceived like he just doesn't want to be a part of that culture anymore, and goes back to the place he left to come to Florida State.

Maudiemae

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2003
West Palm Beach, Florida
Okay, I can't stand it and I HAVE to say something here. I am an FSU mom. My daughter went to FSU. So did my son. I find some of the comments in this thread galling and very "holier than thou". I will absolutely go stand boldly out on a limb and say that you will find this situation at way too many colleges. You're hearing about it at Florida State because someone spoke up and one can only guess as to the motives of that person. You can't honestly believe this is only happening with players at this one place. A lot of these kids are treated as if they are superstars all through high school. They are frequently fawned over and so on, until they think they're above it all and can get away with anything, just like a very spoiled child. Clearly, with a teenage male, this can create a monster. Then they go to universities to play where there is so much invested in the football programs it's become obscene. Dough flows in massive currents to and from so many different sources in so many different directions we'd never be able to actually take an inventory. College football is a massively lucrative industry which is fed from high schools. High schools have gone into a kind of "business' to churn out product, so to speak. The "product" is protected----everywhere. All over the country. I love football. I always have. But there are some things about it that I do not love and this is one of them. Do y'all honestly think that FSU is alone in this? I don't. Not for a second.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
Okay, I can't stand it and I HAVE to say something here. I am an FSU mom. My daughter went to FSU. So did my son. I find some of the comments in this thread galling and very "holier than thou". I will absolutely go stand boldly out on a limb and say that you will find this situation at way too many colleges. You're hearing about it at Florida State because someone spoke up and one can only guess as to the motives of that person. You can't honestly believe this is only happening with players at this one place. A lot of these kids are treated as if they are superstars all through high school. They are frequently fawned over and so on, until they think they're above it all and can get away with anything, just like a very spoiled child. Clearly, with a teenage male, this can create a monster. Then they go to universities to play where there is so much invested in the football programs it's become obscene. Dough flows in massive currents to and from so many different sources in so many different directions we'd never be able to actually take an inventory. College football is a massively lucrative industry which is fed from high schools. High schools have gone into a kind of "business' to churn out product, so to speak. The "product" is protected----everywhere. All over the country. I love football. I always have. But there are some things about it that I do not love and this is one of them. Do y'all honestly think that FSU is alone in this? I don't. Not for a second.
40 players. 40. Forty. 4 X 10. llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll <-- this many!!!

Do you really believe that goes on everywhere?

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Okay, I can't stand it and I HAVE to say something here.
I grew up in Florida - FSU has been legendary for sweeping this behavior under the rug for literally decades. I'm sure you think FSU is awesome, but for those of us who have had friends affected by the school's callous approach to sexual offenses (specifically from athletes), it's a particularly nasty place.

Do your little 'war chant' all you want, but at least open your eyes to what you're supporting. No, not everyone on campus is evil, but there is a 'win at all costs' attitude that started under Bowden and persists to this day...

Maudiemae

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2003
West Palm Beach, Florida
40 players. 40. Forty. 4 X 10. llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll <-- this many!!!

Do you really believe that goes on everywhere?
I don't know about every single team, but, over a period of nine years, it's not out of the question if you ask me. These guys are kids and they get it in their heads that they are extremely important...perhaps because they are. There are no doubt some college teams where a culture of this behavior has developed more so than others, but I'd be willing to bet it's becoming something of an epidemic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maudiemae

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2003
West Palm Beach, Florida
I grew up in Florida - FSU has been legendary for sweeping this behavior under the rug for literally decades. I'm sure you think FSU is awesome, but for those of us who have had friends affected by the school's callous approach to sexual offenses (specifically from athletes), it's a particularly nasty place.

Do your little 'war chant' all you want, but at least open your eyes to what you're supporting. No, not everyone on campus is evil, but there is a 'win at all costs' attitude that started under Bowden and persists to this day...
Then I didn't make myself clear. I think they do have the "win at all costs" attitude. I just truly believe that's a thing that's running rampant throughout the CFB landscape and it's horrifying. I'm sure there are some institutions where much tighter control is held, don't get me wrong. It's just that college football has become too commercial to me. Maybe I'm not saying it right. I think we've let a lot of aspects of it go haywire and it's not healthy for the kids involved.

Maudiemae

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2003
West Palm Beach, Florida
https://www.facebook.com/TheHuntingGroundFilm/videos/538384026319509/ My son, the FSU grad who also got his Masters there, just posted this on Facebook. Nobody in my family would deny that things are being swept under the rug there for the sake of the almighty winning team. I absolutely think this is nothing new there. The problem I have with the things said in this thread is that too many people seem to be overlooking the big red flag. This cannot be the only place where it's happening! I feel like there is a huge problem and that we need to follow it up. Not just at one place.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Do y'all honestly think that FSU is alone in this? I don't. Not for a second.
Does that matter one bit? Horrible is horrible.

No, FSU doesn't get one tiny bit of slack just because for instance, Penn State covered up for a child rapist. That doesn't excuse anything, and sticking up for them, in anyway, even via the old... so and so covered up rape to is pretty low in my opinion. There is no excuse, there is no justification, and this must be brought out in the open and dealt with. Enough sticking up for FSU, enough sticking up for Jimbo, enough sticking up for Winston (and I've been consistent on this, not saying you are mind you... but this needs to be dealt with and it might as well start at FSU). If this happened at Alabama I would want people fired, disassociated, and arrested until this was cleaned up. The last thing you'd see me do was bring up FSU or some such nonsense. This is just plain old despicable.

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Okay, I can't stand it and I HAVE to say something here. I am an FSU mom. My daughter went to FSU. So did my son. I find some of the comments in this thread galling and very "holier than thou". .
It may be happening elsewhere, but defending FSU when it is happening right out in the open is disgusting.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

the program - 1993

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
All I can say is the Gainesville Police Department is NOTORIOUS for not hesitating to go after any Florida football player who is in violation of the law. To the extent that over the years we feel they actually have a bias against our football program.

The point is that our players get no mercy for local law enforcement when they break the law.

It's one thing when a football coach turns his head from what is happened but when local law enforcement does as well......that's a real travesty.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
All I can say is the Gainesville Police Department is NOTORIOUS for not hesitating to go after any Florida football player who is in violation of the law. To the extent that over the years we feel they actually have a bias against our football program.

The point is that our players get no mercy for local law enforcement when they break the law.

It's one thing when a football coach turns his head from what is happened but when local law enforcement does as well......that's a real travesty.
That's the same with TPD. Campus police may look the other way at smaller things, but that's for the entire student base. Tuscaloosa PD, however, seems to get a rise out of nailing it to a football player. As much as I hate that (it's led to some players being painted in a false light), it's better than trying to sweep things like this under the rug.

Things stink in Tallahassee, period. Whether you love that University or not, defending this kind of behavior is sad. I don't care if it goes on at other Universities, the narrative is about FSU. There's no excuse...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
I couldn't say if Jimbo is aware or not but if I was Jimbo Fisher and I got a call from the LSU AD, I would start packing as well as disassociating. What would worry me most is that Jimbo has developed a win at all costs attitude in the short time he has been at FSU and it all seemed to start with Jamous. I don't believe CJF has been at FSU 9 years so this must have started under Coach Bobby Bowden but everyone was scared to talk.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.