Link: More Trouble at Florida State?

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
This doesn't bode well -

"The former director of Florida State's Victim Advocate Office said in a deposition obtained by the Associated Press and New York Times that Seminoles football players received special treatment and her office had seen nearly 40 football players accused of either sexual assault or "intimate partner" violence over the last nine years."

LINK

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The only surprise here is that someone associated with FSU is willing to tell the truth. Only a fool would trust FSU with their daughters right now.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
The only surprise here is that someone associated with FSU is willing to tell th e truth. Only a fool would trust FSU with their daughters right now.
Exactly. No surprise at all. And I wouldn't allow my son to attend FSU much less my daughter. I'd be afraid he'd be influenced and/or hazed into what has obviously become accepted cultish behavior. And once again, all previous respect for Fisher (Unaware of POLICY!?!) has been long gone.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
This will end like Penn State if they don't turn around fast. The football program is running the university yet again.

scoretide

Suspended
Nov 26, 2010
Boaz, Alabama
Should it surprise you!!!! Girls go to parties (HALF DRESSED) horney, drunk, young guy's. !!!! And I still believe famous J did it. !!!! corrupt coach, & school. He needs to stay at THUG,FREE SHOES U

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I wonder - is the head coach notified when an allegation is made against a player at FSU (or any school)? If there were this many, and Fisher knew about them all, who would want him to run their program? But maybe he did not know.

I ask because I am not aware of the privacy issues associated with these complaints given the fact that these girls were apparently pressured into decisions not to move forward with official charges (fear of retaliation).

Who, within a university, would be aware of charges that do not result in official charges?

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
So LSU wants to get rid of Miles to bring in a coach who claims ignorance of his football players' conduct and sexual assault policies? Of course Jimbo knew the policies...or at least SHOULD have known them as well as other teachers at the University. I think Les is a better coach anyway, and light years ahead of Fisher in the ethics department. Be careful what you wish for Tigers!

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
I wonder - is the head coach notified when an allegation is made against a player at FSU (or any school)? If there were this many, and Fisher knew about them all, who would want him to run their program? But maybe he did not know.

I ask because I am not aware of the privacy issues associated with these complaints given the fact that these girls were apparently pressured into decisions not to move forward with official charges (fear of retaliation).

Who, within a university, would be aware of charges that do not result in official charges?
I would be shocked if allegations of player misconduct were not reported to the athletics department, particularly for a major football program such as FSU.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I would be shocked if allegations of player misconduct were not reported to the athletics department, particularly for a major football program such as FSU.
Given some of the other comments made in the article I think that you are probably right. It looks like they knew and helped them get legal help to beat the charges.

BradtheImpaler

All-American
Nov 16, 2010
Sugar Hill, GA
Given some of the other comments made in the article I think that you are probably right. It looks like they knew and helped them get legal help to beat the charges.

Kind of like the football players that got in a wreck that totaled the other car in the wee hours of the morning, had no license or insurance, and left the scene for over an hour, and then didn't get arrested. I know this isn't rape, but it sure speaks to the corrupt nature of the program. This is beginning to look like Penn State all over again, except that I think there is going to be a lot more people involved.

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
Of course they knew. I'm sure they were notified as soon as possible so as to formulate a gameplan to combat the charges. Sweeping sexual assault charges under the rug is a top priority at FSU.

irNate

1st Team
Nov 19, 2010
Snellville, GA
Should it surprise you!!!! Girls go to parties (HALF DRESSED) horney, drunk, young guy's. !!!! And I still believe famous J did it. !!!! corrupt coach, & school. He needs to stay at THUG,FREE SHOES U
[blue font] yeah those girls were just asking for it..[/blue font]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
They have had problems for years but it was ignored thanks to Bowden's good ole boy personality combined with the focus on Thug U. downstate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.