Mandel: Balancing Your Bama Fatigue With Bama Facts

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Note that Mandel is actually taking up for us (yet again, he did it last week also).

But assuming we get there (I take nothing for granted) and play Oklahoma, y'all better get ready for:

1) Alabama hasn't beaten Oklahoma since (whenever - seriously, when was it? 1963?)

2) Oklahoma beat Tennessee by 7 on the road while Alabama only beat them by 5 at home (what won't get mentioned is that it took OU extra time and that the Vols had an off week before our game and we played them right after the UGA-Arkansas-ATM gauntlet)

3) 8 million references to the 'overrated' Alabama of the 2014 Sugar Bowl
This stuff helps Alabama in its motivation and preparation.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Fact is that Alabama has played the toughest schedule in the nation thus far and stubbed its toe once. Still to come are a 6-5 team and a 10-2 or 11-1 team at a neutral site.

If the team wins out, it deserves the playoff spot it will get.
I haven't seen anyone suggest that Alabama would not deserve that spot. But there are people who are tired of seeing Alabama in the hunt and will find any possible reason to believe/hope that you will lose once you get there.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I haven't seen anyone suggest that Alabama would not deserve that spot. But there are people who are tired of seeing Alabama in the hunt and will find any possible reason to believe/hope that you will lose once you get there.
Well Kanell early on.

But to be fair, I've felt this same sort of fatigue about Notre Dame and Miami (1980s), Nebraska and FSU (90s), Oklahoma, Miami, and USC.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
Trust me, there are some talking heads that want to believe Alabama doesn't belong. Just like last year when tOSU jumped in with a decisive conference championship victory. And we all know how that turned out. And if by some typical JHS fluke miracle we allow the barn to play us close (i.e. not covering the betting line) that'll really bring out the "I told you so" crowd.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Trust me, there are some talking heads that want to believe Alabama doesn't belong. Just like last year when tOSU jumped in with a decisive conference championship victory. And we all know how that turned out. And if by some typical JHS fluke miracle we allow the barn to play us close (i.e. not covering the betting line) that'll really bring out the "I told you so" crowd.

To be honest, I wasn't sure if we (the Buckeyes) belonged last year. I really thought that Alabama would slaughter us. We just got hot at the right time.

For Alabama this year - people who say that you don't belong are not worth listening to. Their bias destroys their credibility, Alabama/SEC fatigue or not.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Ohio State was a really talented team last year and this year. The difference has been the almost intangible factors. I don't think playcalling is the issue, it is almost wholly due to the execution being worse on offense due to the QB indecisiveness and WR injuries. Who knows why Meyer decided to start Cardale Jones when JT Barrett was clearly the best player. Locker room issues with different camps getting behind a certain QB? Probably.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
And if we play OU in the first round, pundits will say how Big Game Bob and the Sooners will expose us leading up to that game. I hope that Saban and the boys are ready to tack these things up on the bulletin board because these comments are coming.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
Well, predictably we are hearing the "who has Bama played" chorus from Dumb and Dumber (aka Galloway and Kannell) right now on ESPN. In fact they have taken every chance they can to take shots at the SEC in general, not that its surprising. I've never seen so much SEC/Alabama butthurt by two people in all my life. Please God let the game start soon.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.