Epic Bart Star / Brett Farve Moment!

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Brett Favre is my all-time favorite player. He was a tough son of a gun. Great to see his number retired tonight and to see Bart Starr. Unfortunately, I am too young to have seen him play.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
Brett Favre is my all-time favorite player. He was a tough son of a gun. Great to see his number retired tonight and to see Bart Starr. Unfortunately, I am too young to have seen him play.
Bart Starr was just as tough, if not tougher than, Brett Favre. I remember seeing him play as a child. Hafta keep in mind QB's were nowhere even close as protected in those days as they are now. Taking blows to the head and following through with momentum from DT's and DE's was a standard in those days. He was one absolutely awesome athlete who happened to play QB.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I never cared much for Favre but I watched his ceremony anyway. I was thinking about Starr and was wondering how he was doing. I was floored when he rode out on that golf cart. I don't think Favre was expecting it as he seemed truly moved by it.

Given his health issues, it was a very classy thing of him to do to go up there.

Last edited:

Tug Tide

All-American
Aug 27, 2006
Redneck Riviera, Panama City Beach, FL
There was an article, I earlier in the fall, that told of how hard Bart Starr's family and therapists were working so he could be in GB for this. According to the article, BF actually delayed this ceremony whenthe Packers wanted to do it last year. He badly wanted Starr to be able to attend.

Edit: http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/10/bart_starrs_family_has_renewed.html

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
A friend (Bears fan) said that we should "expect" Rogers to play poorly yesterday. Why? Not because of the weather or the horrid Bears defense - but because Rogers really doesn't like Favre and this day was about Favre, not the team.

While I doubt that this had anything to do with Rogers' horrible game yesterday (their offense has struggled most of the season), he will be hard to take on Monday.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I though Rodgers could have run it in during the last couple downs. Also where was Eddie - I hope he didn't get hurt? I didn't watch the whole game - just the ending.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I though Rodgers could have run it in during the last couple downs. Also where was Eddie - I hope he didn't get hurt? I didn't watch the whole game - just the ending.
He lost a fumble and nearly had a Leon Lett moment when he scored a touchdown. He was on the bench.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
He lost a fumble and nearly had a Leon Lett moment when he scored a touchdown. He was on the bench.

Those things happened, but he was their best chance to win that game in those conditions. I think that he still had 10 carries in the second half, though they did not throw the ball to him after half time.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.