OK, I'm a little worried AU

Status
Not open for further replies.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
well, just "reading" the mood of the coaches this week, i think the barn is going to fold pretty quickly. when your head coach is flailing around claiming to have a secret book of trick plays that he's been saving for this game, when he didn't bother using those awesome plays in the 5 losses and the near miss vs max state, it can't inspire a lot of confidence in an already fragile team.
What's funny is that he's either popping off for public consumption (denoting fear) or telling the truth. Either answer, however, is proof positive to how much their program is determined by comparison to ours. Gus may have bought into "we had a great season" if he wins this game - but that makes it even less likely to happen.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I should also point out that in 2013 they had an off week; last year they didn't. I believe they also had an off week in 2010 and 2009.

Take that for what you can.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
This Bama team is focused now, more so than they have been all year.
I think starting tomorrow, if that focus is there, you will see the beginning of the greatest run of Bama football ever.
This team plays well on the road.
And besides, as CNS says, "It's not about what they do; it's about what we do."

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
For those of you having doubts: Go outside and try to run thru a brick wall...(waiting)....now how'd that work out for you?

That's what the Barn is up against tomorrow. Now relax and take an aspirin.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
For those of you having doubts: Go outside and try to run thru a brick wall...(waiting)....now how'd that work out for you?

That's what the Barn is up against tomorrow. Now relax and take an aspirin.

Then see how it feels to have a tractor run you over. That is what the Auburn defense will have to deal with.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
I was watching the replay of last year last night on the SEC Network. I think our Defense has improved ten fold since then, so that makes me not worried at all with a depleted Auburn offense.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
They had their "Kick Six" two years ago. Here's to us renaming this game "Pick Six".

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Every common opponent we've played that Auburn has played this season, we blew them all those common opponents out, Auburn lost them all but Texas A&M..Auburn had to go into OT to beat Jax St the #1 ranked FCS team, we played Charleston Southern who's ranked #8 & we literally could've scored a 100 on them had we chose too..Color me skeptical..We beat Auburn & we beat them bad..

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
The 2013 Auburn team was ranked in the top ten, won the SEC championship, and was a great pass away from winning the national championship. It's America, so being irrational is your priority, but you aren't going to convince the rest of us to join you.

This is what most people forget about 2013. They were ranked #4 and only had one loss to LSU earlier in the season.

I was watching the replay of last year last night on the SEC Network. I think our Defense has improved ten fold since then, so that makes me not worried at all with a depleted Auburn offense.
That's the key. Plus, Henry is A LOT better this year.

I still expect cow patties (tricks) from them but with our defensive front and secondary I don't see how they'll work.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
If our defense was anything like the last two years I'd be sweating bullets, but it's not so I won't.

I really don't see how Auburn scores more than 10 - 13 points in this game.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
The 2013 Auburn team was ranked in the top ten, won the SEC championship, and was a great pass away from winning the national championship. It's America, so being irrational is your priority, but you aren't going to convince the rest of us to join you.
I'm confident we'll win, but AU could have (and should have) lost several games in 2013 as well as 2010. They were undefeated teams that were usually beat statistically and just found a way to win on some crazy circumstance. This year's AU is a lot like those teams, except they haven't got the breaks. The only game they realistically just got beat up in was LSU, but they lost to OM, UGA, Arky, and MSU all by 8 points or less. They have not been regularly getting blown out, contrary to what a lot of people think.

We outgained AU 446 to 324 in 2010, and 495 to 393 in 2013, and we lost both of those games. We were the better team and we lost twice. That fact alone makes it impossible to feel completely comfortable. You can call that irrational if you like, but we've all seen it happen.

That being said, I hope we beat them like a rented mule, and I look silly for ever doubting that! ;)

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
I think we'd win with last year's defense. We won with a worse defense and they had a better offense. Now, we have a way better defense and they have a worse offense.

I'm worried for different reasons. I want Henry to go off and win the Heisman.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

I couldn't care less about the Hypesman, I just want to keep winning and bring home the trophy that matters.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Knew the Eeroye's Anoymous group would have a thread about this one before the week was over.

We've played our best games in the road this year. Give Henry 35 carries and no way it's close.

tmv85

All-SEC
I'm nervous, and I will get more nervous the closer to game time, but that is nothing new for me. I get butterflies before EVERY Bama game.

I read a statement awbrin put out yesterday about increased security measures at the stadium in light of what has gone on in the world lately. In the statement, they said they would have fireworks pre game, at half time, and following every score. I hope all the ones they have ready for their scores go completely unused.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I won't chill out until the game clock says 00:00 on Saturday and we have more points on the board than the barn does. After the 2010 meltdown and a play that's only happened a handful of times in all of college football history snatching the 2013 game from the jaws of victory, nothing is a shoo-in in this series to me anymore, I don't care how bad one team is.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
If our defense was anything like the last two years I'd be sweating bullets, but it's not so I won't.

I really don't see how Auburn scores more than 10 - 13 points in this game.
That's where I am. We should win going away. Maybe fool's paradise, but I like it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.