OK, I'm a little worried AU

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I'm confident we'll win, but AU could have (and should have) lost several games in 2013 as well as 2010. They were undefeated teams that were usually beat statistically and just found a way to win on some crazy circumstance. This year's AU is a lot like those teams, except they haven't got the breaks. The only game they realistically just got beat up in was LSU, but they lost to OM, UGA, Arky, and MSU all by 8 points or less. They have not been regularly getting blown out, contrary to what a lot of people think.

We outgained AU 446 to 324 in 2010, and 495 to 393 in 2013, and we lost both of those games. We were the better team and we lost twice. That fact alone makes it impossible to feel completely comfortable. You can call that irrational if you like, but we've all seen it happen.

That being said, I hope we beat them like a rented mule, and I look silly for ever doubting that! ;)
Despite the fact that perhaps AU won several games they should have lost in 2010/2013, the did not lose those games. They didn't lose those games for a reason - they were a very good team both seasons. I'll argue they were a much better TEAM both years than we were even though we had more talent and depth.

This year's AU team isn't good at all. Those were epic upsets despite the details in 2010/2013, yet AU was very good both years. Think about that when you consider what it would take for them to win this year. A beyond epic effort coupled with a beyond epic meltdown by us.

I'm not worried.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Take a 'Chill Pill'.
Auburn doesn't have the HP to run with us past the first half.
I do expect Gus to throw the kitchen sink at us on offense, but our big guys up front will only bat it down...
Auburn will sell out to try to stop Henry at the beginning of the game. To me that sez it's Coker time.
We loosen em up, they double Ridley, and somebody else will have an opportunity to make a play.
I don't think Johnson can stand up to our defense w/o throwing it up for grabs. He's no Johnny Football.

The only team that can beat us Saturday is Alabama.

Last edited:

MDBSnare

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2007
I agree with pretty much everything that's been said, both for and against having worries. I will gladly accept any ridicule after a blowout W from my beloved Crimson Tide!

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
I'm not worried at all. Auburn has absolutely nothing on that entire team that scares me. This game will be a blowout.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
I'm confident we'll win, but AU could have (and should have) lost several games in 2013 as well as 2010. They were undefeated teams that were usually beat statistically and just found a way to win on some crazy circumstance. This year's AU is a lot like those teams, except they haven't got the breaks. The only game they realistically just got beat up in was LSU, but they lost to OM, UGA, Arky, and MSU all by 8 points or less. They have not been regularly getting blown out, contrary to what a lot of people think.

We outgained AU 446 to 324 in 2010, and 495 to 393 in 2013, and we lost both of those games. We were the better team and we lost twice. That fact alone makes it impossible to feel completely comfortable. You can call that irrational if you like, but we've all seen it happen.

That being said, I hope we beat them like a rented mule, and I look silly for ever doubting that! ;)
Nah, the Barn sucks.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
I have to ask - for those worried, are you worried in an LSU game kinda way or an Auburn game kinda way. By that I mean are you worried that Auburn might outplay you or that crazy stuff might happen? I suspect that it is the later.

awbern has made deals with the devil. At some point the devil stops the "double or nothing's" and demands the goat bumpers to pay up...

BamaBuc

All-American
May 12, 2003
St. Pete Beach, FL
crimson-fan.neocities.org
I've seen a lot of football in my life, and have experienced some low-probability events occur many times. Everybody thinks this game against the barn as a BAMA blowout. That, for some reason, makes me very nervous. If all in the world is right, it should be BAMA 60 to barn 0....however, with EVERYONE expecting a W, I get nervous....anybody with me? Can you help me stem my anxiety about this game? I just all of a sudden have some anxiety....sorry to be a negative nelly....just venting a little before a HUGE game for our championship possibilities....
I'm with ya!
I've watch Bama football since 1950 and when people start talking about just how big and bad of a blow out this is going to be I start getting knots in my stomach, happens all the time!
How many on here thought for sure Bama would take down AU fairly easily, Bama was #1 and the Barn was #4, Bama was favored by 10!
All I heard was don't worry 'bout it, they (Bama) got it!
Well we all know what happened!

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
And what did you think 2010 & 2013 were going to be?
I thought in 2010 Alabama could pull out a close win. In 2013 I thought there was a slight chance AU could upset Alabama. Either way you're comparing apples to oranges. Both of those barn teams were far and away better (luckier) than this year's AU team.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
I know, but I would love for Henry to get it. Nothing like a twist of the knife in AU.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
Yeah seriously. I don't think most Alabama fans realize just how much that bothers barn fans to this day that Mark Ingram won it in 2009. Just ask AUDUB, he can you on AUFAMILY.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Coach Saban made the tin horn statement a week early. I am usually weary of this game, not this year. We match up to well against them. This may be more of a beat down that I predicted, the typical 42-17. It could get ugly fast.

BadgerTidefan

1st Team
Dec 2, 2006
Jennings, FL
Just consider how focused this team is and how smothering our defense is. There is no way they let Auburn threaten the accomplishments they have achieved the year. We wil steamroll the barn this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.