OK, I'm a little worried AU

Status
Not open for further replies.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
That said, this thread kinda turned into bashfest for people who actually have the audacity to even think the mighty Crimson Tide might possibly lose.
Think you missed the point. It's making fun of the same group of posters that week in and out are negative about the team and always worry about us losing.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
That's only been pointed out a dozen different times in the thread.

In my dark days, I was one of those people, ashamed to say. Eeyores Anonymous helped me. It can help others too.
You know I never was one of those down in the dumps we are GOING to lose fans, but there was a stretch (during the recent BCSNC almost 3peat)where the games weren't fun anymore because I was just waiting for the other shoe to drop and that loss to come. I remember when I was in school (2000-2003) we'd get excited and try and figurer out how many wins it would take to crack the top 25. The last couple of seasons have been better. I just kinda decided to go with the flow.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
Think you missed the point. It's making fun of the same group of posters that week in and out are negative about the team and always worry about us losing.
I must have. It seemed to me that everybody that even suggested that AU might possibly make a game of this was an Eeyore or was processed by AU.

We should beat AU like a rented mule, but we've all seen crazy stuff happen in this game. These people and their program define themselves with how they play in the Iron Bowl. If our team is focused and plays well, I think we win with ease. If they take AU lightly and play like crap, they can lose. I can't speak anybody else, but that's all I was saying.

Mississippi state with better QB, receivers and coaches scored 6 on us and never sniffed the end zone. How will the barn score any points? It would require our guys to have a breakdown on gap assignment and eye discipline. I think we blow up their misdirection with the front four and don't need to blitz. More bodies in coverage so no pop passes or open receivers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, I'm liking what you are saying. It's still a rivalry game though. They may get one. It's like a 27% chance they'll score one TD. Lol

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
You know I never was one of those down in the dumps we are GOING to lose fans, but there was a stretch (during the recent BCSNC almost 3peat)where the games weren't fun anymore because I was just waiting for the other shoe to drop and that loss to come. I remember when I was in school (2000-2003) we'd get excited and try and figurer out how many wins it would take to crack the top 25. The last couple of seasons have been better. I just kinda decided to go with the flow.
Yep. That was me, too.

That's pretty much how I've always been. I've always "gone with the flow". I know we can win any game we play, but I also know that we can lose as well.

I've never understood the people that said they weren't enjoying our wins and felt relieved when we lost in 2013. That was the high-water mark for my fandom.
We came "this close" to 3-peating. It was great! It would have better if we had done it, but winning the games we did over that 3 year span was fantastic, and I've love to do that again.

OTOH, I've never been one to beat my chest and "go in arrogant and unafraid than go in shaking in my boots at the thought of Gus Malzahn and his mighty high school offense." I don't talk trash to my AU friends, so I never have to end up eating crow because a group of 18-22 yr old kids didn't back up my mouth. I know we can lose, but that doesn't make it any less fun for me. I just accept that and enjoy it when we win. Maybe that's why winning never becomes "no fun" for me and why I don't feel I need a break from the board when we lose.

This run ain't gonna last forever guys, and I think we better enjoy it while we can. RTR!!! Oh NO!!! There I go Eeyoring and saying the dynasty is ending!!! :)

MDBSnare

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2007
Dang! This thread evolved in an interesting manner! I feel like we will take them to the woodshed. I just had that "little" worried feeling inside because EVERYBODY (other than the players, most assuredly) thinks the same way. Just wanted, like a lot did, the "relax" comments to assuade my moment of worry! Right now I'm geeked up, and ready to watch Nick Saban's boys whoop up on, and burn down that barn!!:BigA:

MDBSnare

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2007
Ritter and the wet field......sophomoric high school crap! Tough for our boys to overcome that referee crew AND a watered down field. BUT. THEY. DID!

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
Ha, with Ritter and the slicked up field, concerns were justified. You're alright.
According to my Facebook feed, we only won because Derrick Henry guzzles antler spray, our O-line holds on every play, we stole their signals, the REC paid off the refs, our DB's commit PI every play, and Melvin Ray is a plant by the REC to lose them the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.