Iowa vs Nebraska anyone interested?

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
I was just wondering who else besides me would be watching this game today @2:30ct?? I haven't seen them all year and i kinda wanna see what all the IOWA hooplah is about....
No hoopla. Iowa at 11-0 (12-0 now) speaks for itself. Good team, well coached, and they don't quit.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
lol with Kanell and Galloway's line of thinking. They basically said that Alabama's SOS isn't impressive because the teams that Alabama beat are now ranked lower or not ranked. Let's see, what happens when a team that is #20 gets smoked at home 31-6? They become unranked. Not very hard to understand that. Regardless of that the winning team gets credit for beating the other team at the ranking when the game is played. That's how it's always been. If someone thinks that Alabama doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs that's fine but please don't try and make an argument that Alabama "hasn't played anybody."

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
lol with Kanell and Galloway's line of thinking. They basically said that Alabama's SOS isn't impressive because the teams that Alabama beat are now ranked lower or not ranked. Let's see, what happens when a team that is #20 gets smoked at home 31-6? They become unranked. Not very hard to understand that. Regardless of that the winning team gets credit for beating the other team at the ranking when the game is played. That's how it's always been. If someone thinks that Alabama doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs that's fine but please don't try and make an argument that Alabama "hasn't played anybody."
They conviently refused to analyze the games with Wisconsin...the one common opponent between Alabama and Iowa.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The real problem with the logic is what the B1G and Big 12 did this year with their schedules. Both conferences learned from last season's playoff committee. They learned that the committee looks at rankings late in the season and don't care about rankings early in the season. To leverage that both conferences rearranged their conference schedules to ensure that their best teams did not play one another early in the season.

In other words, the B1G and Big 12 have teams ranked higher now than they would be if they had mixed these games throughout the season. All of the best teams in the two conferences were either undefeated or only had one loss going into November, and they were ranked higher as a result. Then the moves happen starting from that point with the committee.

The SEC really can't adjust because you have too many good teams.

Going forward, expect the B1G and Big 12 to continue this strategy and get teams in the playoff just because of the way that they schedule.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
It's in the Selma thread about Stewart Mandel's article but the record of Alabama's opponents is far better than any of the other contenders. I'm not sure why that's ignored.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
It's in the Selma thread about Stewart Mandel's article but the record of Alabama's opponents is far better than any of the other contenders. I'm not sure why that's ignored.
People follow the narrative that supports their view and ignore those which do not. We all do it to some degree, but guys like this get paid to be objective. Shame that they are not held accountable for their failures in that area.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
I've watched Iowa several times this year (not entire games) and they are a solid team. They'll make you beat them. Thing is, they've been on equal footing talent-wise with all the teams on their schedule. Michigan State will be a step up and should they win, someone like Oklahoma, Clemson, or Alabama would be a giant leap.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.