I wont be shocked if Meyer pulls another "Florida".....

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
.....and leaves Ohio State all the sudden like he did with Florida. When you see him in interviews these days, he looks like a tired and worn out coach that doesn't want to keep doing what hes currently doing.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
I am anticipating the same exit strategy. He is what he is.
I think a lot of people are. Something just seems off with Meyer and Ohio State right now. Even some of the Buckeye players are beginning to question Meyer (Zeke Elliott was evidence of that)

Meyer might be one of those coaches that loses interest at certain jobs after a while. I do know that he seems out of it these days and its looking like something is brewing there with that whole situation.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I think a lot of people are. Something just seems off with Meyer and Ohio State right now. Even some of the Buckeye players are beginning to question Meyer (Zeke Elliott was evidence of that)

Meyer might be one of those coaches that loses interest at certain jobs after a while. I do know that he seems out of it these days and its looking like something is brewing there with that whole situation.
In the defense of someone I despise, and that Ohio State does not play an SEC type schedule, calling out your coach after losing one game after winning the previous 24 speaks more about the character of the player than the coach...imo.

And while it is fun to suggest he's leaving, he's not.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
And while it is fun to suggest he's leaving, he's not.
To be fair, this is what Florida Gator fans thought too.

And honestly, there were tell tale signs leading up to that. In fact, similar signs that we are seeing right now.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
To be fair, this is what Florida Gator fans thought too.

And honestly, there were tell tale signs leading up to that. In fact, similar signs that we are seeing right now.
Ummm, no.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Is that denial speaking? Or do you genuine reasons to believe that he wont? Keep in mind, he pulled an okie doke on Florida already.
Let's just say that I know people very close to him and the program. He is fine.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I don't personally think he's leaving....yet. I mean it's not like the team just imploded and lost to back to back unranked opponents or anything. They lost to a Top 5 team in Mich St. I don't like Urban at all but this is random wishful thinking Imho.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
You are really fortunate that tOSU didn't play a team with a pulse until last week, or this year would have been a disaster.
I agree, though it made the loss more painful. If you followed my posts this year I have said from about week 3 of the season that we are just not the same without Tom Herman. Our offense has been a mess all season.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
You guys are dreaming.
I recall you saying he changed and wasn't the same coach at Florida. Then, he immediately reinstates JT Barrett as the starting QB. Your posts about that move:

Meyer disappoints again, already naming JT the starter for the game on Saturday. What happened to having to "earn" his starting job again?

Making matters even worse for me is that he allowed JT to deliver a halftime speech to the team in the MN game because they were struggling.

This demonstrates to these players that Meyer cares more about winning that their safety or behavior, IMO.
Yeah, I gave him too much credit. I thought he was trying to change. Maybe he is in certain areas, but he is still playing favorites.
He's proved you wrong once. With Urban, I wouldn't put anything past him. Elliot's antics last week followed by Urban's "he knows it was the wrong time to make those accurate statements" comment indicate he hasn't changed much at all.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
He's proved you wrong once. With Urban, I wouldn't put anything past him. Elliot's antics last week followed by Urban's "he knows it was the wrong time to make those accurate statements" comment indicate he hasn't changed much at all.
Oh, I'm not saying that I approve of his ethics, or that I am even sure that I want him to stay. I am just saying that he is not on the verge of a mental breakdown. If he leaves it will be for very different reasons than those that drove him out of the Florida job.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I wont be shocked if Meyer pulls another "Florida".....

Harbaugh will be to Meyer at Michigan what Saban was to Meyer at Alabama. Meyer will realize this at about 2:30 tomorrow afternoon..

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
And things will be even worse if Ohio State somehow manages to lose to Michigan (which IS possible)

Meyer strikes me as a man who grows bored and disinterested at certain jobs. He had it good at Florida too. But when things started to get a bit rocky for him, he bailed. I'm beginning to see these hallmarks at Ohio State right now.......

hence my reason for bringing this up.

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Well, you guys can worry about Meyer if you want. We aren't worried up here.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.