I wont be shocked if Meyer pulls another "Florida".....

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Heis right. CUM is too self-absorbed to let one loss phase him. Of course, you have to wonder if he has the locker room if he has players sounding off after one loss.
Word is that a number of influential former OSU players reached out to Elliott and made him understand that he needed to make this right or they would turn their backs on him forever. The Michigan game is HUGE to those guys. Saying what he said was wrong. Saying it before the UM game was nuts.

Elliott needs to play well tomorrow. Not for Meyer, or for OSU, or even for his teammates - for himself. He alienated a lot of people who can help him. He needs to get them back on his side.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
FWIW as a Florida alum and avid Gator football fan I don't hold a grudge against Coach Meyer for leaving us - one reason he stayed that last year is so his position coaches would be able to keep their jobs....I respect that myself. I think the guy is driven and got a little too wound up. I mean you can tell from his personality he's very intense about everything he does.

There's obviously a lot of different opinions about Coach Meyer - I just wanted to post my perspective, FWIW.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
.....and leaves Ohio State all the sudden like he did with Florida. When you see him in interviews these days, he looks like a tired and worn out coach that doesn't want to keep doing what hes currently doing.
Wishful thinking. He's not going anywhere, except MAYBE Notre Dame one day.

russtang

All-American
Apr 11, 2007
Central Alabama
www.uniquetitanium.com
He basically has a two game season. He can't have it any better. He is not leaving any time soon.

Yes he is a jerk. He's flaky. He arrogant.

I really don't care if he stays or not.

B1G gets a little defensive sometime but he is a good guy overall.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I wont be shocked if Meyer pulls another "Florida".....

He basically has a two game season. He can't have it any better. He is not leaving any time soon.

Yes he is a jerk. He's flaky. He arrogant.

I really don't care if he stays or not.

B1G gets a little defensive sometime but he is a good guy overall.
Problem is that Meyer has already lost one game of his two game season. He's gonna lose the other game tomorrow. It sounds great to only have a two game season unless you can't win those games. If Harbaugh stays at Michigan he will own Urban Meyer. Meyer better hope that Harbaugh only stays a season or two and then goes back to dominating the NFL like we was..

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
FWIW as a Florida alum and avid Gator football fan I don't hold a grudge against Coach Meyer for leaving us - one reason he stayed that last year is so his position coaches would be able to keep their jobs....I respect that myself. I think the guy is driven and got a little too wound up. I mean you can tell from his personality he's very intense about everything he does.

There's obviously a lot of different opinions about Coach Meyer - I just wanted to post my perspective, FWIW.
When it boils down to it, the only thing I disliked about Meyer was his "Circle of Trust", but in hindsight, the media exaggerated the condition of the program for the benefit of Mushamp. There was a damning article about Myer by the Sentinel I believe fueled to feed the fans that were angry.

Anyone can crack up one time at this level, twice is a different story. I just can't imagine a coach of his abilities cementing his reputation to being a laughing stock. Losing one game and a player making comments is not evidence that he is about to fold again.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Other than Notre Dame - and he had his chance - Ohio state is Urban's dream job. So I don't think he's going anywhere. It's hard not to get wound so tight when you when all those games in a row and try to repeat as champs. Problem is that OSU lost late in the year. Beat UM and play Stanford in the Rose Bowl, it's a fantastic year. Don't let one loss become two.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Other than Notre Dame - and he had his chance - Ohio state is Urban's dream job. So I don't think he's going anywhere. It's hard not to get wound so tight when you when all those games in a row and try to repeat as champs. Problem is that OSU lost late in the year. Beat UM and play Stanford in the Rose Bowl, it's a fantastic year. Don't let one loss become two.
It's not whether he's going anywhere, it' whether he quits again due to his "health issues".

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
I think this thread is a bit out there.

He's lost one game in the regular season, and the wheels are off?

B1G is a homer?

I'm not getting it on either point.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
The day urban realises he can't be "the man" in the big,10 is the day the he starts inventing his reasons for leaving. Urban Meyer invented all of that,and a lot of other stuff too.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.