Dangit, Gene Wojciechowski...

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Re: Dangit, Tom Rinaldi...

Sitting here bawling while my 4 year old boy is eating cereal next to me. #chadtough

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I know we love it - but I always remind everyone (despite this being a near sacrilege in Alabama) - it REALLY is just a game. As I've done ministry things, I obviously get asked a lot of questions about God and religion.

Wanna find out when even you don't know the answer? Try to explain to a parent why their child is dead (regardless of the reason or age) and how a divine love deity didn't prevent it. Try to explain to a spouse whose other spouse left them without warning. Try to explain suicide to anyone.

I used to try and tell folks in my younger days that somehow is was all in God's plan we don't understand.

Now I just cry with them and keep my loud mouth shut.

KentuckianaBFan

All-SEC
Jan 26, 2011
Lakeland, FL, 2018
echoaffiliate.com
I know we love it - but I always remind everyone (despite this being a near sacrilege in Alabama) - it REALLY is just a game. As I've done ministry things, I obviously get asked a lot of questions about God and religion.

Wanna find out when even you don't know the answer? Try to explain to a parent why their child is dead (regardless of the reason or age) and how a divine love deity didn't prevent it. Try to explain to a spouse whose other spouse left them without warning. Try to explain suicide to anyone.

I used to try and tell folks in my younger days that somehow is was all in God's plan we don't understand.

There are so many things that we don't understand, in science and religion, either because we don't have the capacity or are not meant to understand...and, as I learned recently, God does answer our prayers...but sometimes the answer is "No". Doesn't make grieving any easier, but maybe a little less frustrating.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

We don't and never can understand it, Selma. I simply believe in time, it is all revealed.

Mitch Albom's book "Have a Little Faith" touches on the subject. The Rabbi, Albert Lewis, is one of the main characters in the book. Lewis relates an experience from early in his life where he and his wife lost their only child at a very early age due to a severe asthma attack. He and his wife were devastated. He couldn't understand why God would rob him and his wife of the joy of their lives.

As he told Albom, "And in the moment, in that rage, in that pain, I cursed God for what he had done to me." Albom responded, "You, Rabbi? You cursed God?" The Rabbi asked "You find that surprising? Why?'

Albom said "Because you are a man OF God!" To which the Rabbi responded "Aren't we all men OF God?"

It was only after many years that the Rabbi realized that the loss of that child put him in a unique position to counsel those dealing with unexplained and sudden loss of a child or loved one. A position he never would have been without. He certainly didn't want to lose a child that was the "light of his life". By the same token, he would never have been in the position to do "the good he has done" over the last 40 years of his life without it.

And maybe in some way that makes sense. It doesn't make it easy or less heart breaking.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.