Game Thread: Official Post-Game Thread - Bama vs. AU...

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
I was checking the football schedule this morning for next Saturday -- to set up the DVR to record the SEC Championship. It already listed the game as Alabama vs. Florida. I have to admit, I thought we were jinxed...but jinxes don't work against brute strength. :)

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Having fire is good. Saban gets onto the refs too...but Muschamp went too far. IMHO
I agree, that type of fire with that much anger should be saved for the head coach, not coordinators. He looked like someone that had been ripped off. Refs made some bad calls.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Why was AU trying to run some bogus plays with 10sec left in the game.

Even if they score, they would be down 9 with no time on the clock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Thing about Muschamp is that he's out of control. Fire is nice, but lack of control isn't. Also the call in question was the right call.
He was raging about a (perceived) hold on Lawson on the backside of the play, and I don't blame him. There's a time when your team can feed off of a coaches rage, and we did end up making the stop, even though we did surrender yet another FG.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
So they should just quit?
You literally can not win. You run it out or knee it to prevent injury.

It's like Beliema taking timeouts at the end of the game when he couldn't actually stop the clock from running out.

It comes off as petulant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
He was raging about a (perceived) hold on Lawson on the backside of the play, and I don't blame him. There's a time when your team can feed off of a coaches rage, and we did end up making the stop, even though we did surrender yet another FG.
He hurt the team. That FG was huge in this game. When he went back at the ref, after he'd already blown up, is when he went over the line, IMO.

CNS is a tame kitten compared to Muschamp when it come to rage.

HSV_1969

Scout Team
Feb 28, 2011
I wonder if that last hand-off/ touchdown was because Muschamp was being an ...... Ordinarily Bama takes a knee.
I wasn't surprised by not taking a knee in that situation. It was 4th down, meaning taking a knee would be a turnover on downs. If the situation were different and taking a knee would have allowed time to expire, I believe Bama would have taken a knee.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
Our D played their hearts out. Glad we didn't get smashed, but we have some major soul searching to do on offense this offseason.
You are correct sir, I tip my hat to your tigers tonight probably the best I have seen them play all year. Ya'll have two maybe three more wins if you play like that in your other losses.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.