Game Thread: Official Post-Game Thread - Bama vs. AU...

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
Dub has been a respected part of this group for a while. Serious? Yes and while I am being serious, I didn't solicit your opinion ... newbie. Its pretty telling when you can't even win with class.

And for your knowledge, this board is known as a benevolent dictatorship; the last I heard, the benevolent dictator was just fine with Dub.
You need to back it down or go sit in the corner. - the not so benevolent dictators.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
I've been sick all week so I couldn't be bothered with being concern about Cpowpie U but after finishing the game I DVR'd, a few thoughts (and no this will not be a thing, so don't ask for me to get sick for Iron Bowl week next week) :

1. Adam Griffith: Every time he kicks a FG, I cheer a little bit louder for him than any other player.

2. Derrick Heisman: That is not a mistake. At this point it is his award to lose.

3. Auburn and their shenanigans do not surprise me. Bad teams need them to give them a fighting chance and good teams overcome those trickery to prove their standaing. Alabama is a great team, Auburn is still a gimmicky team.

4. Peyton Barber: Needs to know his role and shut his trap. Better teams do lose, from time to time, but to say Auburn was a better team than Bama is straight textbook definition of delusional.

Any win over THAT school is always a sweet win.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
You're right. He didn't see Rudy get him on his way out of bounds. In my defense, they were raising Cain about the hold, too.
True. Enjoyed the game. Carl Lawson is a great player. Blew up the line on the 2nd & goal.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
No one said that. What Muschamp was lit up about was Lawson being held on the backside of the play. Watch the replay.
Thing is, somebody is getting held on every single play. We do it. You do it. Unless it's a take-down (and they see it) or an OL grabs a jersey and follows the rusher all the way around towards the QB, it's not getting called. I will look at the missed call you pointed out. However, this is not really the point, at all. The real points are two. First, there is that huge cohort of AU fans who believe in a vast conspiracy and Bama has paid off all officials and control the SEC office, an this is the main reason AU ever loses to Bama. This is so patently impossible, it would be comical, if it didn't make the fan base look so pitiful to outsiders. The second point is that Muschamp, as a coach and a leader of young men, owes to himself and to them not to lose control of himself to the point of almost getting ejected and suspended. He's a ticking time bomb, about as unpredictable as a Bobby Knight. Were I an AU fan, I'd be embarrassed, but most just see him as being discriminated against. I'll admit that your home board is not as deep into conspiracies as ITAT, and, when it crops up, you don't jump on that bandwagon. Bama was penalized 68 yards, part of that a very iffy call against Stewart. AU was penalized 60, half of that coming from the flagrant hit OOB and Muschamp's tirade. Otherwise, it would have been Bama 68, AU 30. That's pretty lopsided, all right...

CRMSNtide

1st Team
Jul 4, 2011
Derrick "King" Henry is a great closer, has anybody ever rushed for more yards in an Iron Bowl?
Adam Griffith has been money lately, he is really striking the ball well, kickoffs are good too.
Coker makes me nervous sometimes, but he made some key throws and scrambles.
He can move for a guy thats the size of a TE.

The defense seemed off early in the game, but they settled down, really nothing much was given up in the 2nd half but the lucky long pass.

And Muschamp is like some bush league baseball coach yelling at the umpire, how did Saban ever work with that dude?

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
I'm still surprised Muschamp wasn't ejected.
Same here. I posted on FB that Boom was the game MVP. A deaf friend replied that he sure was easy to lip read. I wish she had seen him after the fg. I asked her to PM that part but she had turned away and didn't see it.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Derrick "King" Henry is a great closer, has anybody ever rushed for more yards in an Iron Bowl?
Adam Griffith has been money lately, he is really striking the ball well, kickoffs are good too.
Coker makes me nervous sometimes, but he made some key throws and scrambles.
He can move for a guy thats the size of a TE.

The defense seemed off early in the game, but they settled down, really nothing much was given up in the 2nd half but the lucky long pass.

And Muschamp is like some bush league baseball coach yelling at the umpire, how did Saban ever work with that dude?
I suspect Saban had him under control...

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Thing is, somebody is getting held on every single play. We do it. You do it. Unless it's a take-down (and they see it) or an OL grabs a jersey and follows the rusher all the way around towards the QB, it's not getting called. I will look at the missed call you pointed out. However, this is not really the point, at all. The real points are two. First, there is that huge cohort of AU fans who believe in a vast conspiracy and Bama has paid off all officials and control the SEC office, an this is the main reason AU ever loses to Bama. This is so patently impossible, it would be comical, if it didn't make the fan base look so pitiful to outsiders. The second point is that Muschamp, as a coach and a leader of young men, owes to himself and to them not to lose control of himself to the point of almost getting ejected and suspended. He's a ticking time bomb, about as unpredictable as a Bobby Knight. Were I an AU fan, I'd be embarrassed, but most just see him as being discriminated against. I'll admit that your home board is not as deep into conspiracies as ITAT, and, when it crops up, you don't jump on that bandwagon. Bama was penalized 68 yards, part of that a very iffy call against Stewart. AU was penalized 60, half of that coming from the flagrant hit OOB and Muschamp's tirade. Otherwise, it would have been Bama 68, AU 30. That's pretty lopsided, all right...
You beat to the comparison with Bobby Knight. I wouldn't be surprised one day to read that muschamp has hit a player, ref, or another coach. The guy is out of control and seems to be worse than my awareness from Auburn to texas to Florida back to Auburn.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Here it is. Make of it what you will.

And you're right. I don't believe in any sort of grand conspiracy. It's just a blown holding call in a game full of them.

He'd apparently been in the LJ's ear about it all night. The penalty was rightly called for him for the tirade.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
You beat to the comparison with Bobby Knight. I wouldn't be surprised one day to read that muschamp has hit a player, ref, or another coach. The guy is out of control and seems to be worse than my awareness from Auburn to texas to Florida back to Auburn.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
He's always been like this and the players love him for it.

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006
Here it is. Make of it what you will.

And you're right. I don't believe in any sort of grand conspiracy. It's just a blown holding call in a game full of them.

He'd apparently been in the LJ's ear about it all night. The penalty was rightly called for him for the tirade.
Dancing ...but my bad eyes almost see hands to the face pushing Jackson's head backwards as well as some holding. So equal no call.

If take away hands to face then a missed call but nothing like the blatant phantom offensive pass interference that was thrown real late after the first down was made on the other side of the field on a WR and not the receiving WR. Once again, after realizing it was a first down.

Bama won...your people act like they were cheated....the better team and the better coached team won.

Champ is a hot head and will cause problems on your staff and team if Malzahn cant control him..which it seems he cant.

Good luck in the Bham bowl (or wherever)and get your 7th win and hopefully for YOU and the SEC not your 7th loss......as I could care less otherwise.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.