Slick field - one of their trick plays?

Mamacalled

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2000
Pelham, Al
They watered the field and they know it. Most cheating school in the NCAA. There was a reason we slid all over the field in the first half and they didn't. Changed out cleats in the second and it made a difference.

Mamacalled

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2000
Pelham, Al
If this is true, because the official could have been seriously injured, I would expect a full investigation by the SEC office. The sideline tarp is covered with spilled water/Gatorade and is ultra slick.
Still will go with paint as the primary reason, and then combined with humidity.
Heck, we whipped their butt and don't need to invent a reason that we could have beaten them worse.
The humidity had been low the last couple of weeks and it hasn't trained in over a week. Paint had nothing to do with it our they would have only slipped where there was paint. Paint doesn't not make chunks of grass come up

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I've never seen anything like it.

And noticed it throughout the game, particularly in the 1st half, and posted about it in the game thread...

Not sure whether we changed shoes during halftime, but, as mentioned in this thread, it was also happening in the 2nd half...

What I'm wondering, tho, is whether this will be looked into, unless a formal complaint is filed...

One of my biggest concerns was DH slipping and pulling a hamstring...

No matter how you look at it, this was despicable...

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I've never seen anything like it.

And noticed it throughout the game, particularly in the 1st half, and posted about it in the game thread...

Not sure whether we changed shoes during halftime, but, as mentioned in this thread, it was also happening in the 2nd half...

What I'm wondering, tho, is whether this will be looked into, unless a formal complaint is filed...

One of my biggest concerns was DH slipping and pulling a hamstring...

No matter how you look at it, this was despicable...
It was apparent early from the get go. The ref was icing on the cake and scary.

Im_on_dsp

All-SEC
Oct 10, 2007
Canton, GA
There would have been absolutely no reason to overseed the field to rye grass for this game other than to have an excuse to water the heck out of it and make it slippery. They knew we probably wouldn't be able to change out cleats until half time and that would give them a head start on us. Why would you overseed just for the LAST game of the year? It costs a lot of money AND it is actually bad for the bermuda turf underneath. Just a bunch of shenanigans on their part. I think Coach Saban was furious about this. He just seemed a little miffed in that post game interview.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
According to the article they last watered it last on Thursday. Guess they forgot to turn the sprinklers off until this morning

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
I made the comment to a friend of mine that for a school that has a major in turf management, that field was one of the worst that I'd ever seen. Definitely suspicious. It seems like something happens every time we go to Jordan-Hare. I believe it was 2009 when a "wreck" on the interstate held our team bus from reaching the stadium until close to gametime and left little time for walk-throughs and warm-ups.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I made the comment to a friend of mine that for a school that has a major in turf management, that field was one of the worst that I'd ever seen. Definitely suspicious. It seems like something happens every time we go to Jordan-Hare. I believe it was 2009 when a "wreck" on the interstate held our team bus from reaching the stadium until close to gametime and left little time for walk-throughs and warm-ups.
yep. they are always trying something. like jess so aptly said in his write up, it's tickle me elmo ball.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
That's what I thought. Early on, it was like we have to beat the poor field, plus the refs, nevermind the barner team.
At least Muschamp worked to even that up. Between the fans booing while the ref was down (falling on a surprisingly slick surface), and Muschamps explosion, (two guys, two guys hit Coker out of bounds) I think they helped to even the calls up a bit.

always4bama

1st Team
Dec 14, 2006
Decatur, Alabama, United States
PI kept trying to figure the field issue. I think it was more than over watering, look at the bottom of the Bama player's shoe. Wet grass does not generally leave shoes that green, does it? What I can't figure out is why Auburn's shoes were not green on the bottom. Maybe I am stretching my imagination.

This one shows the green seeping up onto the the shoe of the Auburn player

Last edited:

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
The Nikes worn by Ridley, I think that is Ridley (top photo), have a lime green bottom. My son wore these same shoes for football this year. Not sure why a Bama player had on Navy cleats, but I digress. LOL. In the bottom photo, you can clearly see the green PAINT on that Under Armor shoe. It looks as if it bled all around the sole of the shoe.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.