Slick field - one of their trick plays?

UAMom

Oct 1, 2005
I've seen comments refering to the slick field in other threads but no definitive answer. Since no rain lately, were the slick fields one of their trick plays? Administrators, if this has been answered and I missed it, please delete my post.

BamaBuc

All-American
May 12, 2003
St. Pete Beach, FL
crimson-fan.neocities.org
I've seen comments refering to the slick field in other threads but no definitive answer. Since no rain lately, were the slick fields one of their trick plays? Administrators, if this has been answered and I missed it, please delete my post.
Don't know, but I do know that other than a complete mud field I've never seen so much slipping going on in the 65 yrs. I've been watching football!

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
The reason we suspect is that if it was rain then in theory it should affect both eqyually. But it was only Alabama slipping until the sun went down and the. JJ and the ref both slipped.

Looked fishy to me.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I have never seen anything like that ref sliding on a supposed dry field. He barely had any forward momentum, and his legs went out like he was on a slippery slide.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
One year back in the 80s it was raining before the AU-TN game. Fulmer had the groundscrew take the tarp off the field a few hours before the game, and Auburn damn near slid out of Neyland stadium.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Kept us from getting the 4 and 1 at the end of the game. Henry went to make his cut and you could see his left foot slip and throw up chunks of sod.

22Musso22

Auburn pulled out all the stops from slicking the field to buying the refs.

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
The ref slipping was on the tarp which can be very slick and had nothing to do with the field. My friend and I were texting about the field and could only come up with a couple of guesses. It was very warm and if the humidity was high that could be part of it, or if they had overseeded with rye grass that could be it, or too much paint to make the field look good this time of year.
My guess is paint and humidity combined....

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
The ref slipping was on the tarp which can be very slick and had nothing to do with the field. My friend and I were texting about the field and could only come up with a couple of guesses. It was very warm and if the humidity was high that could be part of it, or if they had overseeded with rye grass that could be it, or too much paint to make the field look good this time of year.
My guess is paint and humidity combined....
It is 83% humidity

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Speaking of, er, crap spots, let's just say the game was played on a sh-, er, cow patty field. There'll be more come out about this - only wish it could implicate the Little Willy who blew his casket on the sideline.

BradtheImpaler

All-American
Nov 16, 2010
Sugar Hill, GA
I was thinking the same thing the whole time. It was like we were on ice skates, especially at the beginning of the game. Might have gone to a little longer cleats at halftime because there seemed to be less skating in the second half.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.