Noter Lame v Stanford and Oklahoma v Ok State combi thread

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
If Alabama wins next week and Henry doesn't win the Heisman, it is crime because the guy will have literally one upped two Heisman tailbacks from the SEC in the process.

With that said, I don't think any team should be looking forward to playing OU right now. Great offensive balance, QB can make loose plays that break your back, great pass rush, aggressive DBs.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
If Alabama wins next week and Henry doesn't win the Heisman, it is crime because the guy will have literally one upped two Heisman tailbacks from the SEC in the process.

With that said, I don't think any team should be looking forward to playing OU right now. Great offensive balance, QB can make loose plays that break your back, great pass rush, aggressive DBs.
Barring a huge let down next week, if Henry doesn't win it, they need to stop giving the award. He has elevated his performance for all of the big games, he is the ultimate team player, and he has some of the best stats in the country. It will honestly be a travesty if he doesn't win in a landslide.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
In the good news department, Stanford just went up 35 - 29.

Wait, I'm supposed to want the Irish Springs not to lose so we can wax them in the playoffs. Arrrrrrgh!
Hardcore pulling for The Trees to win this one. I have so many ND friends that are obnoxious now that the Domers are back. Since Oklahoma is about to win and lock up a spot in the playoffs, it's becoming more likely that ND gets left out. If they get left out for OU, I will never hear the end to the whining. I'd much rather Stanford put them all out of their misery.

On a side note, great game though! Back and forth, high quality football. I'm starting to think the team that has the ball last will win.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Wish Rinaldi had the chutzpah to ask Stoops at halftime, "Will you be rehiring your brother Mark in time to help prepare for Alabama in the playoffs after Kentucky axes him tomorrow?"

tru2thaduce

All-SEC
Nov 25, 2005
Wichita,Kansas
I know OU is playing lights out but I still have a hard time getting over the loss to Texas.If ND wins at Stanford I would take them over OU.Beating Texas by 5 TD's when OU lost to them has to mean something.Even though the committee clearly didn't care.I know I'm in the minority in this one but that's my take.And now ND has the lead.For the record I hate the Irish.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
I was on the other side. No way you can overturn that. How can you say it was conclusive with those camera angles?
I guess. But why the heck can't we have good angles at the goal line? Going by what you are saying, there is almost never a conclusive camera angle at the goal line. Replay is pretty pointless.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.