News Article: Watch Cam Newton get taunted by Alabama fan about $180K, so he responds 'I'll slap...

cindym

All-SEC
Oct 14, 2009
saraland, al
Now this is true class. Back in the seventies when we beat Aubarn it was different. I respected the Aubarn fan base because the had players like Pat Sullivan and Coach Jordan. He response tells me what we all knew he is a Thug . I cant say he took any money because I can prove it. But he is just another OJ Simpson .

Watch Cam Newton get taunted by Alabama fan about $180K, so he responds 'I'll slap the s--t out of you'

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/11/watch_cam_newton_get_taunted_b.html#incart_river_index
Absolutely classless but its what you expect from the scum bag:rolleye2:

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Cam is an all right guy. He even autographed some Florida dude's laptop.

I wonder if if I can get him to sign a $100 bill? My nephew loves him because he plays on the Panthers. We told him he can root for him as a Panther, but not when he's wearing Auburn stuff. Hehe.

cindym

All-SEC
Oct 14, 2009
saraland, al
The way I look at this is fairly straightforward. Although the fan who taunted him didn't display class, Newton could have taken the high road. He's a public figure, a representative for his team in the NFL and his school (where he just happened to be as honorary captain). Instead he displayed the pompus, self-righteous attitude that permeates his entire existence. I have no use for him, now, or ever.
This!! The guy needs some pr coaching, that prob wouldn't help he's a conceited thug!

bamafaninbham

All-SEC
Jul 19, 2004
Homewood
Cam is not a good dude. He is that guy who kisses your wife's butt to win points to date your daughter. He takes out your trash, yessir's you to death, plays with the younger sibblings, brings in your paper/mail, praises your political choice for president......all the while telling everyone how he is taking advantage of your daughter. All that BS showboating during the game........giving a ball to a kid later doesn't make up for it. He is a two faced piece of crap........ apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Daddy convinces a congregation and a community he is a fine upstanding person, but behind the scenes not so much. Basically, he is perfect to be a role model for the barn crowd.

mikelove

Scout Team
Oct 4, 2014
Heck I would have let him slap me and then slapped him with lawsuit.......cash cow

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Fans give him the business. He needs to learn to handle that stuff better because the more he wins the more people will hate him. But when fans cross the line, they should be called out and since Cam did not actually slap him I have no problem with his reaction.

Think about it - those fans only act like that because they know that Cam will not beat their behinds. If Cam really was a thug, fear would have kept those fans quiet because Cam could have broken them in half without breaking a sweat.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
Fans give him the business. He needs to learn to handle that stuff better because the more he wins the more people will hate him. But when fans cross the line, they should be called out and since Cam did not actually slap him I have no problem with his reaction.

Think about it - those fans only act like that because they know that Cam will not beat their behinds. If Cam really was a thug, fear would have kept those fans quiet because Cam could have broken them in half without breaking a sweat.

I dont get your logic in the last paragraph. Oh I forgot her chunked a stolen laptop out his dorm window when the police knocked on the door. This is the laptop he purchased out of the back of car in a wallmart parking lot and was surprised it was stolen property. He is a Thug. Maybe Auburn should start rolling his statue instead of tress after a win or a loss.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I dont get your logic in the last paragraph. Oh I forgot her chunked a stolen laptop out his dorm window when the police knocked on the door. This is the laptop he purchased out of the back of car in a wallmart parking lot and was surprised it was stolen property. He is a Thug. Maybe Auburn should start rolling his statue instead of tress after a win or a loss.
Okay, to you his is and will forever be a thug. Fine. I remain unconvinced that he is a thug.

PDL

All-SEC
Oct 16, 2005
Birmingham, AL
I think what a lot of people on this thread are failing to realize is that as an athlete being paid millions of dollars, you have to expect fans to say things like this. What the fan said is not a big deal - it doesn't cross a line, it's all in fun (and it's probably true! :) ). You have to expect fans to do that, and you need to shrug it off and act with class. Cam Newton receives all kinds of praise for what he does on the field. You have to be able to take the good with the bad. What made Derek Jeter a national icon was not only his on the field play, but he knew exactly how to handle himself off the field and how to handle situations like this. Cam's reaction there shows me he can't do that. He wants all the glory, and none of the criticism.

Bruce014

1st Team
Aug 29, 2012
Alabama
Cam is not a good dude. He is that guy who kisses your wife's butt to win points to date your daughter. He takes out your trash, yessir's you to death, plays with the younger sibblings, brings in your paper/mail, praises your political choice for president......all the while telling everyone how he is taking advantage of your daughter. All that BS showboating during the game........giving a ball to a kid later doesn't make up for it. He is a two faced piece of crap........ apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Daddy convinces a congregation and a community he is a fine upstanding person, but behind the scenes not so much. Basically, he is perfect to be a role model for the barn crowd.
In other words, he's the Eddie Haskell of Auburn.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.