News Article: Watch Cam Newton get taunted by Alabama fan about $180K, so he responds 'I'll slap...

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
THIS. Fans like this guy make the fan base look bad. Stay classy, even in Cow Town.
Agree 100%. Wouldn't we be livid if some foolish barner came to T-Town running his yapper about one of our former players? Show some class.

That said I don't feel any sympathy for Cam. He's a jerk on the field. He's not had to grow up yet and it shows in his antics. However, he found out yesterday on the barn sideline that the world doesn't necessarily revolve around him. And his "coaching record" is now 0-1.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Cam is not a good dude. He is that guy who kisses your wife's butt to win points to date your daughter. He takes out your trash, yessir's you to death, plays with the younger sibblings, brings in your paper/mail, praises your political choice for president......all the while telling everyone how he is taking advantage of your daughter. All that BS showboating during the game........giving a ball to a kid later doesn't make up for it. He is a two faced piece of crap........ apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Daddy convinces a congregation and a community he is a fine upstanding person, but behind the scenes not so much. Basically, he is perfect to be a role model for the barn crowd.
Lost my like and thank button, so "Like" and "Thanks". Actually I wish he would hit me; I'd never have to worry about money again, and if I made it go to court....oh, wow.....

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Fans give him the business. He needs to learn to handle that stuff better because the more he wins the more people will hate him. But when fans cross the line, they should be called out and since Cam did not actually slap him I have no problem with his reaction.

Think about it - those fans only act like that because they know that Cam will not beat their behinds. If Cam really was a thug, fear would have kept those fans quiet because Cam could have broken them in half without breaking a sweat.
Dude - I have never been to a pro game but I have friends who have, and this is TAME to what I have heard has been said.
Granted, it's a college game....but Scam ain't a college player anymore. I'd be happy to take that fans place and dare him to do something....as others have posted, I wouldn't worry about money ever again. And bringing it to court would be an option just as tantalizing. Sir Charles has paid out a bundle, I'm sure others have too.
Besides, he wouldn't be seeing his GF for a while, no matter what else happened to me... :)

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Dude - I have never been to a pro game but I have friends who have, and this is TAME to what I have heard has been said.
Granted, it's a college game....but Scam ain't a college player anymore. I'd be happy to take that fans place and dare him to do something....as others have posted, I wouldn't worry about money ever again. And bringing it to court would be an option just as tantalizing. Sir Charles has paid out a bundle, I'm sure others have too.
Besides, he wouldn't be seeing his GF for a while, no matter what else happened to me... :)
I live in a world in which a man who taunts another man deserves to get punched in the mouth. Maybe the courts would bail you out with some cash, but if he really laid into you, you would be replacing some missing teeth and mending some broken bones. But, hey, you could pad your bank account and he has plenty of money anyway.

Who really wins there? If you think it is you, I am not sure that we keep score in the same way.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I live in a world in which a man who taunts another man deserves to get punched in the mouth. Maybe the courts would bail you out with some cash, but if he really laid into you, you would be replacing some missing teeth and mending some broken bones. But, hey, you could pad your bank account and he has plenty of money anyway.

Who really wins there? If you think it is you, I am not sure that we keep score in the same way.
I guess you have never been to a pro game; my advice would be to not go, at least from what I have heard.
Taunting athletes has gone on forever, and IMO anyone who makes that much money for playing a game, there IS no line to cross; you're a pro, act like one. The more they have made (historically), as I have seen it, the higher the level of taunting.
If you don't know from my previous posts I think he's a scumbag, then you're not paying attention. And when dealing with classless scumbags (as he just proved), there are no rules or lines that can't be crossed. So, yeah, in this instance, we "keep score" a lot differently.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.