Link: Bramlett and White Radio Call of the Personal Foul and Unsportsmanlike Penalties

fundytide

1st Team
Oct 22, 1999
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Stop crying barners. You got your 'make-up call' later in the game when Foster threw a Barner out of bounds on a similar play. If they want to moan about egregious penalties yesterday, they can start with the offensive pass interference call against Stewart when Mullaney caught a first down pass earlier in the game. Now that was a bad call.

Bamaparrotheads

3rd Team
Jan 27, 2011
Madison, AL
I've heard better small town high school radio crews. They sound like just a couple of dudes running a pirate radio broadcast from their basement. Infinitely unprofessional.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Stop crying barners. You got your 'make-up call' later in the game when Foster threw a Barner out of bounds on a similar play. If they want to moan about egregious penalties yesterday, they can start with the offensive pass interference call against Stewart when Mullaney caught a first down pass earlier in the game. Now that was a bad call.
I could have tolerated that if they had called a couple on Auburn when the defender was all over our receivers - at least twice.

I don't mind a tight called game as long as it's both ways. That OPI was insane.

BHamita15

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 18, 2008
Btw - folks here were saying that we had more penalty yards last night. True but that wasn't established at the time they said it. Also, an Auburn FB site this morning was talking about how Tom Ritter spins games in favor of Alabama - that's hilarious as I've never known a Tide fan who wouldn't risk a prison sentence to smack Ritter a good one.
The whole comment was "conspiracy theory" at its finest and had no legitimacy even when he said it. Up until that point, Alabama had more penalty yards...and his challenge, literally took 2 minutes to debunk. Had it been 5 or 6 years where Auburn was penalized much harder, then brining up this year's game wouldn't have been legitimate. However, that wasn't the case...so pointing out the his exaggeration didn't even apply to this year's game is fair, imo.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
For one thing, who knows that we wouldn't have taken the ball down and scored a TD after the late hit penalty alone? No one knows. Their defense stood up after the thirty yards of penalties, but they may not have after just the late hit, so all of that is purely speculation. Secondly, all fans, including ours, complain about the refs almost constantly these days. It's a tough job and a no win job when both team's fans think their team got cheated. This happens from pee-wee to the NFL and is symbolic of how we must blame someone else for our failures. Period.

ReturnToGlory

All-American
Nov 22, 2006
Blakely, Georgia
No holding penalties were called on either team in this game. The refs let 'em play and called it both ways. As far as the personal foul calls go, the AU player clearly dove at the ball carriers feet out-of-bounds. On Foster's play, the ref clearly let the Auburn mob influence his call.

Bamafan P.T.

All-SEC
Oct 15, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Wow. That is hilarious. But who is really surprised? They represent the barn fanbase and program pretty well IMO.
I think it's ridiculous that anyone could even question the call to begin with much less cry like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PDL

All-SEC
Oct 16, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Next time you listen to them, notice the way they do the yards gained. If Auburn's got the ball, they always say something like, "Runs up the middle. Get's five. Well now they are saying he only got three." Same thing but reversed when the other team has the ball. "Runs up the middle. Stuffed by the Auburn line! Two yard gain. Well, now they are giving him 5." Every single game.
Exactly. So glad you pointed this out. They did this the whole game at last years Iron Bowl. Conversely, when you listen to Eli and Phil's broadcast they don't do it once, for either team. So glad our broadcasters are professionals unlike those 2 whiners.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
This is what I despise about radio in Columbus. The radio personalities are all fans, and they act like fans when calling games. Every penalty on OSU is a travesty, and the other team commits an uncalled penalty on every play. Most sane fans simply learn not to listen. It ruins the game.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I listened to it on the drive home today. Classic. And they never stop talking about that call. You'll also enjoy how adamant they are that the Auburn defense had Henry's number, and that the 275 yards were "deceiving."
I am going to listen to it later while watching the game too. Might make some popcorn too.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
So, there were two late hits on one play. Which one exactly did they not want to be called a late hit? The shove out of bounds, or the low hit out of bounds?

cindym

All-SEC
Oct 14, 2009
saraland, al
I listened to it on the drive home today. Classic. And they never stop talking about that call. You'll also enjoy how adamant they are that the Auburn defense had Henry's number, and that the 275 yards were "deceiving."
Wow! Well I say maybe they had a few too many during their broadcast! There's nothing deceiving about Henry motor grading over the Awbren defense!!

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
Has to be one of the most hilarious things I've ever heard. Also, one of the most pathetic.

Also, I have to say I loved it!

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
Funny how they ignored hands to the face on Lawson on that play, as well as some others.

Bamaboda1

Suspended
Sep 1, 2006
Kathleen, GA
I don't always read lips, but when I do, I recognize gross profanity. Having your say is one thing. Personal attacks on the officials doesn't usually end well for the attacker's team.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.