Link: Bramlett and White Radio Call of the Personal Foul and Unsportsmanlike Penalties

carder24

All-American
Sep 1, 2007
Huntsville, AL
I bit since the video is down, this is around 5hr 2 m thru 5:14. This has some of their goofy yardage talk, then the penalties about 5 min later. They carry on thru the break. Was curious how they reacted to Henry's TD, skipped up to 5:37 and they were still talking about the penalties, then TD about 5:41 - silence, sounded great...RTR

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
So after listening to their broadcast...confirms they are clowns. They pretty much say that the sack before the end of the half was on purpose by Auburn. So you can't count their lack of yardage then. Haha. Goobers.

I listened while watching the game. They are completely oblivious that their player wrapped up Coker's legs going out of bounds. But to them....he was just going out of bounds and made no contact. Haha

Plus Auburn did already have a warning on the bench. They forget that from earlier in the game. That is why the flag was thrown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I stayed out of the game thread yesterday because I was so intense that I woulda been banned from here for a bit (and I'm not USUALLY that tense). My Dad recently got his first phone and text messaging and it's like a baby with a new toy. So he and I were texting during the game yesterday. He's not 'really' a fan of college ball but he's up visiting my brother in CT so he was watching it.

He thought - remember, objective fan here - that Muschamp should have been tossed (and this is a guy who used to coach multiple softball teams) and was actually amazed when he wasn't. He also thought that was more a reflection on Gus than anything else - the point being Muschamp would never try that if there was not an environment where he thought he could get away with it (e.g. if he was on our sideline instead).

I was just about to get back in the game thread when that 77-yard tip pass happened and I was cussing a blue streak. My son was visiting and telling me, "Calm down, calm down," I'm thinking, "The stuff that goes on in this stadium is just unreal..."

As far as that clip, my goodness that was funny. Serious funny.

Bamaparrotheads

3rd Team
Jan 27, 2011
Madison, AL
After rewatching the episode (with Muschamp not the audio), I have two thoughts on the matter:

1. Will got the personal foul because he got personal with the ref. I have seen aubs on FB whining about the penalty, trying to equivocate his behaviour with Saban's but I have never seen Coach Saban call a referee a name, much less a name with a profanity for an adjective. As many here have pointed out, he should've been tossed.

2. The two stooges from the radio broadcast are exactly who they have to be to keep their jobs. I have lots of aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends who are barners. They absolutely have to be handled differently than Tide fans. If they are less than good, they need to hear how they are improving or how it isn't their fault. By contrast, criticizing Bama or the Bama nation is a good way to generate clicks. Those guys know their audience and play to their mindset. (Admittedly, I'm painting with broad strokes here). But yes, their broadcast is horrible to the rest of us.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

pigsinspace

1st Team
Jan 26, 2011
According to the sideline report from Quinten Riggens later on (not sure if this is in the clip we have up), the sideline was just talking to the refs, when another ref ran over and threw the flag. I kid you not. Those were the exact words he used. Then Stan White, disgusted, says, "Just talking. Talking." It's hilarious.

Were they even in the stadium, or were they doing a recreation of the game in the WLWI studios in Montgomery?

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama
After rewatching the episode (with Muschamp not the audio), I have two thoughts on the matter:

1. Will got the personal foul because he got personal with the ref. I have seen aubs on FB whining about the penalty, trying to equivocate his behaviour with Saban's but I have never seen Coach Saban call a referee a name, much less a name with a profanity for an adjective. As many here have pointed out, he should've been tossed.

2. The two stooges from the radio broadcast are exactly who they have to be to keep their jobs. I have lots of aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends who are barners. They absolutely have to be handled differently than Tide fans. If they are less than good, they need to hear how they are improving or how it isn't their fault. By contrast, criticizing Bama or the Bama nation is a good way to generate clicks. Those guys know their audience and play to their mindset. (Admittedly, I'm painting with broad strokes here). But yes, their broadcast is horrible to the rest of us.
THIS!!! Ha! The Two Stooges, or better yet, Booger and Butthead.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.