Link: Bramlett and White Radio Call of the Personal Foul and Unsportsmanlike Penalties

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
The two stooges from the radio broadcast are exactly who they have to be to keep their jobs. I have lots of aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends who are barners. They absolutely have to be handled differently than Tide fans. If they are less than good, they need to hear how they are improving or how it isn't their fault. By contrast, criticizing Bama or the Bama nation is a good way to generate clicks. Those guys know their audience and play to their mindset. (Admittedly, I'm painting with broad strokes here). But yes, their broadcast is horrible to the rest of us.
In other words (painting with a broad brush) the fan base is deluded. I've seen numerous FB posts by Aubies backing these clowns with "we only want a fair game". Never mind the facts, I just go with what Stan and Rod say. And it is not too far a leap from a delusional to a cultish behavior.

Truth of the matter, outside of my immediate family, I have difficulty being around most rank and file "Aubies". The behavior at times is just plain creepy (see the David Housel rant).

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama
They were also mad that we ran it around the edge on the last Henry play instead of doing a dive up the middle.
I believe that play was designed to go up the middle. It looked to me like Henry broke it outside because there was no room in the middle. Either way, if they were mad about that, it just adds more proof that these two imbeciles are paranoid AND nuts!

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
They were also mad that we ran it around the edge on the last Henry play instead of doing a dive up the middle.
I thought Auburn wimped out by not going for a TD against Oregon, too, but they did it smart.

(I would still be laughing if Oregon had blocked it and run it back).

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Where was all this Eagle (pardon the pun) eye during all those HUNH plays Auburn had INELIGIBILE receivers up the field?

HHHMMMMM????????

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Working link

These guys aren't even watching the game!!!

Henry didn't get five yards, he got maybe two. The penalty was TAKEN, NOT DECLINED, you morons. Five yards - from the 46 to the 41.

Not difficult to comprehend, just watch the game. You're getting paid to do that, you know.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Looks like he's got the video back up to view. This YouTube user does this "you make the call" for several of their games with the AU guys calling the penalties. Go listen to the other ones. Quite amusing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
With respect to the YouTube video that the Aubie put together... what homers! That broadcast should be embarrassing to all Auburn fans. The more embarrassing thing is that it isn't embarrassing to them at all!

Coker was already falling down so that Auburn player grabbing his feet and tackling him while he was already out of bounds doesn't count... or something.

Also, Muschamp was just talking to the official... talking. (Right!)

I will give them this: The penalty yardage we received on 4th down play (for Auburn having 12 men on the field) appears to been wrong to our benefit. It does appear that we "gained" 6 penalty yards for what should have been a 5-yard call. That play (the 4th down play) was snapped from the 46-1/2 yard line (maybe the 46-1/3). The next play (after the 5 yard penalty was assessed against Auburn) was snapped from the 40-1/2 (maybe the 40-1/3). That's a six-yard markoff. Oops! MAJOR CONSPIRACY! IT PROBABLY COST THEM THE GAME! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

theshow4jsu_13

3rd Team
Apr 13, 2007
Birmingham, AL
www.myspace.com
I was on my way to my little brother's wedding, riding with my middle brother, who is an aubie and we were unfortunately listening to these 2 jackweasels during the JSU game. They are absolutely terrible. They kept making excuses for Auburn that day. Luckily we lost the radio signal, but we found the JSU broadcast and those guys were far superior. I don't see how these no talent arse clowns stay on the air.

MBA_99

1st Team
Jan 11, 2010
A, A
Radio is a business. They are selling commercials. Whatever makes fans listen, they will say.

That said, I sometimes like how they describe the plays. Eli can be a bit non-soecific. I love Eli but will also love someone like Chris Stewart someday. Phil is a great complement to Eli for sure.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
With respect to the YouTube video... what homers! That broadcast should be embarrassing to all Auburn fans. The more embarrassing thing is that it isn't embarrassing to them at all!

The only beef they have that has merit (that I saw) is the yardage on the penalty. It does appear that we got a 6-yard penalty. The 4th down play was snapped from the 46-1/2 yard line (maybe the 46-1/3). The next play was snapped from the 40-1/2 (maybe the 40-1/3). that's a six-yard markoff. Oops! MAJOR CONSPIRACY! IT PROBABLY COST THEM THE GAME! :rolleyes:

However, Coker was already falling down so that Auburn player grabbing his feet and tackling him while he was already out of bounds doesn't count... or something.

Also, Muschamp was just talking to him... talking. (Right!)

I think that is the penalty they got for too many men on the field. That is why it was walked off.

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
I think that is the penalty they got for too many men on the field. That is why it was walked off.
Correct... it should have been a 5-yard penalty but it appears we (Bama) got the benefit of a six-yard markoff for it. I will edit my post above to describe that point more clearly.

That is definitely CONCRETE EVIDENCE... PROOF... that Bama controls the SEC officials and that we get every advantage. The REC is really in charge!

Last edited:
These guys aren't even watching the game!!!

Henry didn't get five yards, he got maybe two. The penalty was TAKEN, NOT DECLINED, you morons. Five yards - from the 46 to the 41.

Not difficult to comprehend, just watch the game. You're getting paid to do that, you know.
Selma you are asking way to much out of them sir. They should not have to do their job, just blow smoke up barn's butts all game.

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al
So my boss was at the game which I consider a good guy and not the typical barner fan. He said that Coker was pushed while still in bounds and the other defender fell down. Then later when Foster spun an auburn player out of bounds which looked like a ticky tacky make-up call to me, he said their guy was body slammed?!? He complained about the officiating and whined about the final TD saying that it wasn't indicative of how close the game was. I had to bite my lip a couple of times, is there something in the koolaid down in Lee county?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.