Link: Bramlett and White Radio Call of the Personal Foul and Unsportsmanlike Penalties

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
I really couldn't listen to very much of that. I had read much of this thread before I listened to the little snippit in the YouTube video posted above... and I still LOLed when I heard it. Wow. I felt my IQ slipping with each passing minute. I can't believe they're allowed to carry on like that. It really is like brainwashing. If this is what the Aubies have to listen to (and clearly it is) then I can understand how their minds can become warped over time to replace the reality that you and I know with this altered reality. Just wow!

Last edited:

Jordan54

1st Team
Aug 20, 2007
Gardendale, Al
Just listened to this radio call, these guys are sickening. Thanks to whoever found this and the folks who posted the links.
Same here, just listened to this. This is pathetic. Unprofessional. Stan obviously hasn't recovered from the shots he took from Copeland and Curry.

One point is being missed about the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. If one of our assistants cost us a ballgame by acting that way, I don't think I would want that coach to continue his employment with us. What Muschamp did was an embarrassment. The head coach should be the one arguing, not an assistant who thinks he's the head coach. He should be fired. My opinion is he's not that great and au would be better off without him. Roll Tide guys! Awfully sweet to beat auburn.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
So my boss was at the game which I consider a good guy and not the typical barner fan. He said that Coker was pushed while still in bounds and the other defender fell down. Then later when Foster spun an auburn player out of bounds which looked like a ticky tacky make-up call to me, he said their guy was body slammed?!? He complained about the officiating and whined about the final TD saying that it wasn't indicative of how close the game was. I had to bite my lip a couple of times, is there something in the koolaid down in Lee county?
Just those two call - my opinion:

The first call had to be made, but I can see how an Auburn fan would disagree. The player did fall down, but he also grabbed Coker's leg and pulled him down. For player safety, throw the flag - but it didn't look like it was a dirty play as much as an unfortunate play. Muschamp's reaction was full on nut-house and he needs to learn to control himself if he wants his players to control themselves.

The second call, on Foster, was also legit. Foster was standing out of bounds when he body slammed the Auburn player - and he did body slam him. Again, not a dirty play but a dangerous play. For player safety reasons, you have to throw that flag.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
So my boss was at the game which I consider a good guy and not the typical barner fan. He said that Coker was pushed while still in bounds and the other defender fell down. Then later when Foster spun an auburn player out of bounds which looked like a ticky tacky make-up call to me, he said their guy was body slammed?!? He complained about the officiating and whined about the final TD saying that it wasn't indicative of how close the game was. I had to bite my lip a couple of times, is there something in the koolaid down in Lee county?
After the 2013 Kick 6 game, I congratulated an Aubie fan I work with on the victory. He then proceeded to go on a rant about A.J. McCarron and Nick Saban and their "classlessness" (?) that went on for about 5 minutes. When he finished, I said to him "I worry for you. If you're this mad and bitter AFTER YOU WIN, I would hate to see how upset you would have been if YOU LOST."

If they lose, it is because "big brother cheats". If they win, they can't even enjoy it because of envy." It really is sad.

Last edited:

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
...Muschamp's reaction was full on nut-house and he needs to learn to control himself if he wants his players to control themselves....
I say this in all seriousness. Without intensive therapy and/or medication, Muschamp is never going to change. He's always been a ticking time bomb and always will be. And, it always hurts his team. One of these days, I fully expect him to shove or hit a referee, assistant coach or player.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Muschamp's tantrums will certainly not help him get another head coaching job....very unprofessional.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn

The first call had to be made, but I can see how an Auburn fan would disagree. The player did fall down, but he also grabbed Coker's leg and pulled him down. For player safety, throw the flag - but it didn't look like it was a dirty play as much as an unfortunate play. Muschamp's reaction was full on nut-house and he needs to learn to control himself if he wants his players to control themselves.

The second call, on Foster, was also legit. Foster was standing out of bounds when he body slammed the Auburn player - and he did body slam him. Again, not a dirty play but a dangerous play. For player safety reasons, you have to throw that flag.
You are correct both should have been called. Neither us nor the barners should complain about officiating it was terrible for both teams.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I say this in all seriousness. Without intensive therapy and/or medication, Muschamp is never going to change. He's always been a ticking time bomb and always will be. And, it always hurts his team. One of these days, I fully expect him to shove or hit a referee, assistant coach or player.
Did Muschamp violate any clause in his Barn contract? If you were not aware of it based on his actions, you'd have thought he was the head coach of the Barn. Thanks for that extra 15 yards Coach Muschamp! You just gave 3 points to your opponent!

An assistant should never be in a position to do what he did, adversely affecting a team he coaches for. If a coach is going to get a penalty like that, it should be the HEAD coach not an assistant!

I would say that this would NEVER happen under Coach Saban! Can you imagine seeing Coach Smart doing something DUMB like that on the sideline? I can't! Some people have class and some show 2/3 of CLASS!

If I were the head coach at the Barn, he'd be goooooonnnnneeee like yesterday. However, if I were an outstanding coach, I could NEVER coach at that Barn and in that Pasture unless I coached the OPPONENT of the Barn!!!!!!!

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al
You are correct both should have been called. Neither us nor the barners should complain about officiating it was terrible for both teams.
I don't think any calls gave either team that much of an advantage. I do think that Auburn should have been flagged again for sideline after the 2nd time as Muschamp kept after the ref after our FG several plays later. That's when Ritter and Gus had a sidebar and they pulled Muschamp away again.

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
Go back and watch...every time 23 tackled somebody (around the shins), he stood up while holding their feet. He's bush league. He didn't fall while grabing coker's legs...he dove. Coker was 2 yards outta bounds when he made contact. Legit call. Foster's call, imo, was a makeup. Yes, he was standing just outta bounds...but the barn player was still in the field of play as foster began to pick him up. Had a whistle been blown?? Gotta play to the whistle...and i've seen bunches of "body slam" tackles like that this year that didn't draw a flag.

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama
Honestly, it's that excuse-making, crybaby mentality that keeps them where they are. I don't want Rod and Stan to go anywhere. As long as they are there leading the sheep blindly down that path with their play-calling, the attitudes will never change and we will continue to dominate in the rivalry. The whole bunch just doesn't get it.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Go back and watch...every time 23 tackled somebody (around the shins), he stood up while holding their feet. He's bush league. He didn't fall while grabing coker's legs...he dove. Coker was 2 yards outta bounds when he made contact. Legit call. Foster's call, imo, was a makeup. Yes, he was standing just outta bounds...but the barn player was still in the field of play as foster began to pick him up. Had a whistle been blown?? Gotta play to the whistle...and i've seen bunches of "body slam" tackles like that this year that didn't draw a flag.
i saw him (23) do that to henry a couple of times.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
If Bryce Hospital were still open, I think he'd end up there at some point in the future. However, I think that guy is headed for a heart attack! Again, look at his facial expressions when's he's irritated. And, that happens quite often. He looks like he belongs in a nut house! That is not healthy. Maybe he'd better retire before he has a heart attack.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

I agree. And apparently Auburn fans are claiming there was a hold on Lawson on the Coker hit out of bounds play, which is what really set off Muschamp. And they are excusing it for that reason. Ok... how many uncalled holding penalties occur in every game? I know that Tennessee's go ahead TD against us was possible because of a blatant hold by their WR that was visible to God and everyone. It went uncalled. I did not see Coach Saban or even Kirby Smart verbally abusing the referees.

What Muschamp did was inexcusable. And I'll say this. Someone up thread mentioned that this Iron Bowl had a distinct nastiness to it. I agree. The fans sounded like they were going to tear down the stadium and riot during all of this stuff with Muschamp. It was palpable, even watching on the TV.

I said it in the game thread but I meant it. I've grown to hate this game. Folks in both sides are far too heavily invested.

TheAccountant

All-SEC
Mar 22, 2011
Birmingham
J

Don't think you know what a body slam actually is. Slinging someone to the side is not a body slam.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I agree. And apparently Auburn fans are claiming there was a hold on Lawson on the Coker hit out of bounds play, which is what really set off Muschamp. And they are excusing it for that reason. Ok... how many uncalled holding penalties occur in every game? I know that Tennessee's go ahead TD against us was possible because of a blatant hold by their WR that was visible to God and everyone. It went uncalled. I did not see Coach Saban or even Kirby Smart verbally abusing the referees.

What Muschamp did was inexcusable. And I'll say this. Someone up thread mentioned that this Iron Bowl had a distinct nastiness to it. I agree. The fans sounded like they were going to tear down the stadium and riot during all of this stuff with Muschamp. It was palpable, even watching on the TV.

I said it in the game thread but I meant it. I've grown to hate this game. Folks in both sides are far too heavily invested.
This game is eventually going to give me a heart attack! I honestly think we need to stop playing the Barn!

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Don't think you know what a body slam actually is. Slinging someone to the side is not a body slam.
I agree. He did NOT body slam him. He just slung him out of bounds in finishing a play. And Coach Saban always wants his players to FINISH plays. He did.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I've seen the names Bramlett and White in this thread. Who are these dudes? Is this a comedy team?

theshow4jsu_13

3rd Team
Apr 13, 2007
Birmingham, AL
www.myspace.com
I honestly don't know which is worse, these two or that stupid AU gameday bunker show that was on YouTube where the camera was on Rob Pate and Coach Crowe while they watched the game.

I will say watching those 2 (Pate and Crowe) crumble during our comeback in last year's IB was precious.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.