Link: Bramlett and White Radio Call of the Personal Foul and Unsportsmanlike Penalties

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
From al.com:

Auburn radio announcers question officiating in Iron Bowl

"I defy you to go back and find an Iron Bowl where Alabama had more penalty yards than Auburn," former Auburn quarterback Stan White said on the broadcast.

Alabama had more penalty yards Saturday with 65 yards on seven flags; Auburn had eight flags for 62 penalty yards. Alabama also had more penalty yards in its last two losses to Auburn in the Iron Bowl (2010 and 2013).

cindym

All-SEC
Oct 14, 2009
saraland, al
I was listening to a local radio sports show yesterday, and the question was asked why they flagged muschamp and not Saban.? I didn't call in but I wanted too loll because I do believe Saban was given a side line warning as well? They didn't bring that up, but it was stated to the caller prob a barn fan, that Saban has more leeway to dispute things happening on the field not Muschamp, and that Muschamp overstepped his authority and went further to say he had zero authority to act a fool it should've been Gus doing that if he felt it was warranted thought that was a interesting spin on things

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
They didn't bring that up, but it was stated to the caller prob a barn fan, that Saban has more leeway to dispute things happening on the field not Muschamp
Plus, CNS probably has a better vocabulary. :wink:

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama
I heard that it wasn't Muschamp's rant that got the flag. It was the language he used towards one of the officials. I wish they would have thrown a third flag after Muschamp kept running his mouth, and then ejected him. That might have prompted the two stooges in the AU radio booth to go even more berserk. :biggrin:

Tidetwin

All-American
May 15, 2006
Northeast Georgia
I heard that it wasn't Muschamp's rant that got the flag. It was the language he used towards one of the officials. I wish they would have thrown a third flag after Muschamp kept running his mouth, and then ejected him. That might have prompted the two stooges in the AU radio booth to go even more berserk. :biggrin:
They may have jumped!

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
I am on Tapatalk (yuck) and do not know how to quote, but I agree with those up-thread who are saying that the rivalry has taken on a level of nastiness that is almost unbearable. I really do wish Auburn would move to the East Division.

I would rather have twelve weeks of Bama-Tenn or Bama-LSU than watch an Iron Bowl. It is just not any fun (for me).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, but could you imagine losing to them in 2013 on that FG return, ruining our SEC and NC hopes, then never playing them again for 9yrs? That would be absolute torture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
The replies to Stan's "backhanded attempt" at apologizing on Twitter are hilarious. Show what a small man he really is. He just can't simply say he was wrong and say he was sorry.

Pitiful.

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
I heard that between his language, and the fact that both he and GM were out on the field at the same time ranting and raving, is what warranted the 15yd penalty....they were discussing it on The Opening Drive yesterday morning....Even old Al said they deserved the penalty....they said officials will usually take the ranting and only issue a sideline warning if it's the HC coming out on the field.....TIFWIW......

37bamagreats55

All-American
Apr 1, 2003
Gardendale, AL
I saw a gif from another board of WM and it looked like he was calling the ref a "_______ idiot".
Yes, it wasn't hard to decipher what he was saying/calling the ref - he used multiple expletives -- some of which begin with "F" and "GD".... I'm almost shocked he didn't get tossed after the FG kick because it seemed like he blew another gasket at that time and flew off the handle.

russtang

All-American
Apr 11, 2007
Central Alabama
www.uniquetitanium.com
I used to work every Saturday for many years. The only football fix I got was listening to the radio. I listened to many Auburn games. Jim Fyffe was slightly less ridiculous than Bramblett but Stan White has always been a complete idiot.
This was in no way out of the ordinary. They say things like this every ballgame. EVERY ballgame. Especially when they are losing. Not just against Alabama.

Hoot30

All-SEC
Jan 12, 2005
Nashville, TN
Yes, it wasn't hard to decipher what he was saying/calling the ref - he used multiple expletives -- some of which begin with "F" and "GD".... I'm almost shocked he didn't get tossed after the FG kick because it seemed like he blew another gasket at that time and flew off the handle.
Agree. He came close to being tossed. I think there are two areas in which he crossed the line. He's not the head coach, and getting personal by calling the ref a blanking idiot. The head coach can get away with a lot, even using curse words. But, even the head coach will not get away with calling the refs names.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.