Link: Bramlett and White Radio Call of the Personal Foul and Unsportsmanlike Penalties

RTR2u

Hall of Fame
Nov 30, 2013
Georgia
The amount of butthurt is immense today on Facebook. I finally had to hide several posts that this barner friend of mine kept liking. I got tired of constantly seeing it. I hate how Facebook tells you someone liked something just out of the blue.

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
The amount of butthurt is immense today on Facebook. I finally had to hide several posts that this barner friend of mine kept liking. I got tired of constantly seeing it. I hate how Facebook tells you someone liked something just out of the blue.
That's why I don't do the ole book face....Everyone tells me I'm behind the times....and I guess I miss out on some funny Gif's and what not........but I'm just not interested in most folks daily activities.....it's a full time job for Dan to take care of Dan!!!

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
The first step is to not have any barner friends. (Y'all can move to Texas......you'll be amazed how few there are here!)

Then you can worry about Fakelook.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Hands to the face on Lawson, anyone ? Oh wait, that got missed ?
Face mask on Henry by Lawson on the first and goal run from the nine yard line down to the one? Oh wait, that got missed. What about the bogus OPI on Stewart on the reception by Mullaney for the first down? That was just a bad break on a judgment call....

RTR2u

Hall of Fame
Nov 30, 2013
Georgia
Just did. Removed anyone whining about officiating from my news feed.
That's what I've been doing, too. I don't have many, and the ones I do have don't say anything much past the game. This particular one just happens to like things from barner sites, and I'm trying to figure out how to block them.

Bruce014

1st Team
Aug 29, 2012
Alabama
I am on Tapatalk (yuck) and do not know how to quote, but I agree with those up-thread who are saying that the rivalry has taken on a level of nastiness that is almost unbearable. I really do wish Auburn would move to the East Division.

I would rather have twelve weeks of Bama-Tenn or Bama-LSU than watch an Iron Bowl. It is just not any fun (for me).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
When any of my auburn fans asked me if I had a second, I always told them "why yes I do, and I also have a third because I know you're asking about crystal footballs, right?" They never had a reply for that.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I am on Tapatalk (yuck) and do not know how to quote, but I agree with those up-thread who are saying that the rivalry has taken on a level of nastiness that is almost unbearable. I really do wish Auburn would move to the East Division.

I would rather have twelve weeks of Bama-Tenn or Bama-LSU than watch an Iron Bowl. It is just not any fun (for me).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I tend to agree with you. However, I don't think moving Auburn to the East and playing them on a rotating basis will ever happen.

I haven't missed an Iron Bowl on radio, tv, or in person since 1968. But the last 15-20 years, the mean spirited nature and bitterness of the rivalry has taken it to the point of where listening or watching it is almost misery to me. About the only time I enjoy it now it when I expect us to dominate from start to finish or Auburn to dominate the same way. I think what has escalated it the last several years is that every year one or both team had SECC or NC hopes in the balance (08, 09, 11, 12, 14, 15 Bama -2010 Auburn - 2013 - Both). Spoiling the other team's championship aspirations became a close second to being able to maintain your own.

Both fan bases live the rivalry 365 days a year which makes it special but also leads to a lot of ugliness. I sometimes wish that the fans had a "24 hour" rule the players live by. Enjoy it for a day and then move on.

pigsinspace

1st Team
Jan 26, 2011
When any of my auburn fans asked me if I had a second, I always told them "why yes I do, and I also have a third because I know you're asking about crystal footballs, right?" They never had a reply for that.
I wish that Coach Saban had gone for one more field goal so that Griffith could hang a kick six on them.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I tend to agree with you. However, I don't think moving Auburn to the East and playing them on a rotating basis will ever happen.

I haven't missed an Iron Bowl on radio, tv, or in person since 1968. But the last 15-20 years, the mean spirited nature and bitterness of the rivalry has taken it to the point of where listening or watching it is almost misery to me. About the only time I enjoy it now it when I expect us to dominate from start to finish or Auburn to dominate the same way. I think what has escalated it the last several years is that every year one or both team had SECC or NC hopes in the balance (08, 09, 11, 12, 14, 15 Bama -2010 Auburn - 2013 - Both). Spoiling the other team's championship aspirations became a close second to being able to maintain your own.

Both fan bases live the rivalry 365 days a year which makes it special but also leads to a lot of ugliness. I sometimes wish that the fans had a "24 hour" rule the players live by. Enjoy it for a day and then move on.

There's something else driving that, too - Auburn fans REALLY AND TRULY BELIEVED that winning a national title was going to make them Alabama. And as I've said a hundred times - they woke up the morning after beating Oregon and realized that even though they were #1 in the polls, they would always be #2 in the state.

And a lot of them cannot deal with that.

This rivalry SHOULD be like the old 76ers and Celtics - where the fans chanted, "Beat LA" when they got beat.

But it never will be.

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
Someone needs to get these two on tv and ROLL the tape and let them explain their stupidly.

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
Yeah.......Thanks for ruining the SEC's streak aubies.......We have a second.......and a Third!............amateurs.........

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
That's your first mistake..

I finally got to listen to the audio. These two have got to be THE worst in radio football announcing. Stan White played the game in college and he has to be the biggest buffoon this side of the Mississippi. Everything was clearly spelled out for them by the refs and they still got it wrong. Then they just missed everything on the 15 penalty on the bench. Muschamp completely lost it. It's not the point he was arguing, it was the fact that he would not stop and he should have been thrown out. Bramlett finally got the late hit out of bounds, but he said it was iffy. C'mon is that the best Auburn can do. It's embarrassing.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.