Serious(ly ridiculous) Question (about the CPF rankings)

CrmznApklps

All-SEC
Nov 22, 2004
The GUMP
With our performance this game, are we in jeopardy of dropping out of the Top 4? I mean the committee could see how we struggled for the most part of the game vs the barn and drop us a spot for Okie. I just don't see it for Iowa although it could be possible. Any thoughts?

Sorry about the teaser header. Can a Mod help me here?

Last edited:

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Re: Serious Question

With our performance this game, are we in jeopardy of dropping out of the Top 4? I mean the committee could see how we struggled for the most part of the game vs the barn and drop us a spot for Okie. I just don't see it for Iowa although it could be possible. Any thoughts?
I don't know what game you watched but I thought we played very well.
We might possibly be number one. We're D sure not number five.
sip

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL

I wonder if we are more likely to perform well next week and take the #1 seed amongst much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

Not a chance we drop out but OU could possibly jump us since they are handling their ranked in-state rival better than we handled our unranked one.

CrimsonHammer

Scout Team
May 27, 2014
Clarksville, TN

Sorry about the teaser header. Can a Mod help me here?

Who would replace us? Oklahoma is already in the latest rankings at #3. And Notre Dame lost. Michigan State and Iowa play each other, so only one will make it. Baylor lost. Ohio State won't win their conference. Stanford has two losses. We aren't going anywhere substantial. If Oklahoma jumps us then we change uniform colors.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

There is small talk of us moving up, we beat the spread. We will stay solid #2 and remain the solid favorite to win it all.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
Bama beat their rival at their home by 16, never trailed in the second half, and held them to 1 rushing yard in the second half. If anything we'd move ahead of Clemson, who struggled with a terrible USCe team coming off a loss to the Citadel.

The committee would love to make Bama #1

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
The
Bama beat their rival at their home by 16, never trailed in the second half, and held them to 1 rushing yard in the second half. If anything we'd move ahead of Clemson, who struggled with a terrible USCe team coming off a loss to the Citadel.

The committee would love to make Bama #1
That's possible--especially if they want an OU/Bama CG.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

I tend to agree but with OU s impressive showing would not rule it out. They've made stranger moves than that.
I was shocked that Vegas has us a 3/2 favorite to win it all, Clemson next at 9/2. After beating the spread on a slippery field, I just cannot see us moving to third with this committee who seem to vote on potential, like those odds. I think we move closer to Clemson, but Oklahoma moving up.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.