Coker scramble/td pass play is amazing when watching replay:

bamafaninbham

All-SEC
Jul 19, 2004
Homewood
I don't know how to put a video on here, but that play when I watch it on replay over and over is just plain amazing. Not sure I can put it in the same category as the barn's TD catch, which is more of a miracle catch.

If you recorded the game, go back and watch that play. Nobody even touches Carl Lawson(the best player those boogers have on the DL), I mean nobody even waves at him. It looks like our Right Tackle doesn't even know what the play is. The boogs are playing a 5 man front. He has Carl lawson to his outside, 9 is lined up in front of him. He engages 9 and then lets him go and blocks down on the interior dl, as if he expects someone else to block the two DL to the outside. Hello, there is nobody to block either of them. There are H-backs and TEs, but they are going out into the route tree. The QB is rolling to that side!!!! Why are you blocking down to the opposite side and letting 2 DL free range to the side the QB is rolling out to??? It is only an extraordinary play for Coker to avoid both these DL that our RT left unblocked and it results in a TD.

Our RT is good for at least 2 false starts each game and many more missed assignments each game. Is this a problem with our RT or an issue with the plays coming in so late relative to the play clock?? I may be nit picking but the result of that play was pretty lucky with how poorly it was blocked.

TriCountyTider

All-American
Aug 7, 2012
I don't know how to put a video on here, but that play when I watch it on replay over and over is just plain amazing. Not sure I can put it in the same category as the barn's TD catch, which is more of a miracle catch.

If you recorded the game, go back and watch that play. Nobody even touches Carl Lawson(the best player those boogers have on the DL), I mean nobody even waves at him. It looks like our Right Tackle doesn't even know what the play is. The boogs are playing a 5 man front. He has Carl lawson to his outside, 9 is lined up in front of him. He engages 9 and then lets him go and blocks down on the interior dl, as if he expects someone else to block the two DL to the outside. Hello, there is nobody to block either of them. There are H-backs and TEs, but they are going out into the route tree. The QB is rolling to that side!!!! Why are you blocking down to the opposite side and letting 2 DL free range to the side the QB is rolling out to??? It is only an extraordinary play for Coker to avoid both these DL that our RT left unblocked and it results in a TD.

Our RT is good for at least 2 false starts each game and many more missed assignments each game. Is this a problem with our RT or an issue with the plays coming in so late relative to the play clock?? I may be nit picking but the result of that play was pretty lucky with how poorly it was blocked.
It was a thing of beauty! Shakes 2 would be tacklers and makes a perfect throw on the run. Coker seems to be money when he makes a pass on the run. Jake The Snake Coker

bamafaninbham

All-SEC
Jul 19, 2004
Homewood
Oh yes, I agree it was a great play by Coker. I just think our blocking schemes are crap at times and I don't know why that is. THe play was for our Q B to roll out to the right. The barn's best DL was line up to that side and out RT disregarded him and the DL right in front of him. my concern is not the result of the play, but why the hell did no one block the 2 DL on the side of the line that our QB was rolling out to. Granted, Coker made 2 great moves to avoid both players and then threw the TD pass, but I don't think that was how it was drawn up. So my question is, why so may screwed up blocking assignments all freaking season????????????????

Power Eye

All-SEC
Aug 3, 2005
This play was Coker's best play of the year. The third down scramble a few plays before where he didn't get the 1st down but put us in a position to go for it on 4th was huge as well. A very solid performance by Coker today.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I thinks Coker would be in the NFL Radar if he started 3 years somewhere. That was an NFL throw. The dude is smart and has an arm, and can be mobile. I think he could be a project player in the NFL.

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
He might still get a chance. Tyrod Taylor is starting for the Bills, and after watching him play against us, I would have bet the farm that he never would make it in the NFL. If you have the physical tools, it seems that the NFL will give you time to prove that you can make it.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
This is not much of a QB year, Coker could be a late round draft pick if he keeps adding to his resume. Not so much stats, but the highlights. The end of the Tenn game, and his scrambles to get out of trouble and deliver. He is durable, that's for sure.

TheTradition

All-SEC
Nov 6, 2010
Alabaster, AL
Jake will get a shot with some team even if he isn't drafted. You just can't teach some of what he has. Cannon arm, great athleticism to go with his size, and he plays with as much heart, grit, and determination as anyone. Huge team player as well. He has his shortcomings like anyone else. But he's a winner, and I'm proud to have him as our QB.

mikelove

Scout Team
Oct 4, 2014
Jake will get a shot with some team even if he isn't drafted. You just can't teach some of what he has. Cannon arm, great athleticism to go with his size, and he plays with as much heart, grit, and determination as anyone. Huge team player as well. He has his shortcomings like anyone else. But he's a winner, and I'm proud to have him as our QB.
Amen to that. I wouldn't have said it at the start of the season but now I'm glad he is our qb. No matter what anyone says we would have been in deep crap this season without him.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
When he released it, I instantly knew it was a touchdown. You could tell in his body language that he saw an open receiver and I'm glad he had the confidence to make the throw. That ball leaped out of his arm.

Best play of the season for him IMO.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I bet Jackson turned around and saw Coker throw the ball for a touchdown and he probably thought he (Jackson) did a great job on the play lol. He appears to be this years Leon Brown. Seems to be one of those every year..

James Eagle

1st Team
Aug 9, 2011
North Georgia
Oh yes, I agree it was a great play by Coker. I just think our blocking schemes are crap at times and I don't know why that is. THe play was for our Q B to roll out to the right. The barn's best DL was line up to that side and out RT disregarded him and the DL right in front of him. my concern is not the result of the play, but why the hell did no one block the 2 DL on the side of the line that our QB was rolling out to. Granted, Coker made 2 great moves to avoid both players and then threw the TD pass, but I don't think that was how it was drawn up. So my question is, why so may screwed up blocking assignments all freaking season????????????????

I agree with you bamafaninbham and share your concerns. Several times this year, plays have been signaled in to Coker with less than 10 seconds on the play clock.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
This play was Coker's best play of the year. The third down scramble a few plays before where he didn't get the 1st down but put us in a position to go for it on 4th was huge as well. A very solid performance by Coker today.
My thoughts as well he made two huge plays on that drive with his feet.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I agree that the play was his best at Alabama. As for the NFL - he has the physical tools. I am just not sure that the game has slowed down enough for him. It is even faster in the NFL.

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
I agree that the play was his best at Alabama. As for the NFL - he has the physical tools. I am just not sure that the game has slowed down enough for him. It is even faster in the NFL.
That's my concern as well...his windup is the slowest I've ever seen. He has to look at a receiver for three or four seconds before he pulls the trigger. He has zero safety-manipulating ability.

BamaBuc

All-American
May 12, 2003
St. Pete Beach, FL
crimson-fan.neocities.org
It's basically called 'WANT TO'...!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.