What three teams would give Bama the toughest challenge in the BCS?

BrotherOfBear

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 28, 2006
Backwoods, AL
I ask this because watching OSU-Michigan today it struck me that Ohio State just figured it out, much like they did last year in the Big 10 Championship game. I know one game does not make a season and maybe today was just the stars aligning right for Ohio State. Here are my three, in order:

1) Ohio State
2) Oklahoma
3) Clemson

bama1080

Dec 3, 2014
1 Michigan State can play some really good Defense and they have a great QB.
2 Then Oklahoma has that Manziel clone at QB
3 Clemson did scare me but not sure now after watching them yesterday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
1.Oklahoma
2.Michigan State
3.Clemson

In that order and because those three are the likeliest to make the playoff. Think we will have to beat Oklahoma first and then Michigan State to win the championship if the committee's rankings hold to form with Clemson 1 and Bama 2. Of course Bama, Clemson and Michigan State have to win their championship games which I think all 3 will be favored to do.

37bamagreats55

All-American
Apr 1, 2003
Gardendale, AL
1. Oklahoma
2. Ohio State
3. Michigan St.

The only reason why I put OU in front of Ohio State is because the Buckeyes probably won't even make the playoff. Otherwise, the Buckeyes would be at the top of the list.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Not to sound like a homer, but I think that the Buckeyes are the only team deep enough and solid enough on both sides of the ball to beat Alabama without Alabama beating itself this year. The other teams listed above have risky offenses, but their defenses would not slow you enough to overcome the strength of your defense without you making mistakes.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Not to sound like a homer, but I think that the Buckeyes are the only team deep enough and solid enough on both sides of the ball to beat Alabama without Alabama beating itself this year. The other teams listed above have risky offenses, but their defenses would not slow you enough to overcome the strength of your defense without you making mistakes.
I think an Alabama vs Ohio State rematch would be an extremely low scoring game. I think it would look similar to that 9-6 game against LSU that year. Both of our defenses are hard to move the ball against and both offenses don't exactly light it up consistently.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.