JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Auburn wrap-up: Bama starts with Kick Five, ends with ‘Tractor’ pull
by Jess Nicholas
TideFans Editor-In-Chief
November 29th, 2015 03:08 AM

By Jess Nicholas TideFans.com Editor-In-Chief Nov. 29, 2015 By the time Derrick Henry strolled into the end zone to keep his streak of consecutive games with a touchdown alive, the 80th meeting of Alabama and Auburn was already decided. Auburn knew it, Alabama knew it, the fans knew it, the rest of the college football […]

Read More Here

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
Enjoyed the read Jess - perfect!

It’s a Tickle-Me Elmo brand of football, jiggling and cooing
Love it - I believe we will soon say goodbye to Gus's Statue of Puberty Offensive scheme.

tmv85

All-SEC
Great read, as always! What baffles me about barn fans is they think once they get another scam or Nick Marshall, they will dominate again. Sure, they will be much improved over this year's version, but they give no credit to opposing defenses for figuring out how to defend their gimmicky offense.

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
I do think defenses are catching up to HUNH teams. The insight about substitution packages is spot on. I haven't noticed Bama looking out of sorts before the snap against these teams like they have in the past. Everyone seems very organized and on top of what is happening.

I will say that with the right QB CGM's offense can still be very effective. The problem is when you don't have "the guy" it looks terrible. That's one thing I appreciate about the style of offense Bama runs. A mobile guy like Sims can run it very well or a more traditional drop back guy like AJ can be a Heisman finalist in it. CGM's style is only effective with a really mobile run threat. They don't have to run all the time, but the real threat of it makes defenses more susceptible to the high school crap in the playbook.

Tides_of_Change

1st Team
Sep 27, 2012
Thanks for taking the gloves off on your fifth point. It's easy to strongly dislike Auburn if you're part of the fortunate bunch who has escaped the lobotomy that is their Creed, but there have been past times when their on - field philosophy could at least be respected. However, beyond the doldrums of Malzahn ' s denial - stricken mind, if you listen closely you can hear a flattering concession that Auburn realizes it CAN'T legitimately line up against quality teams and compete.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
And NO ONE complemented you on your score prediction for the game! Your 27 to 13 score almost NAILED it!

Great job as always Jess!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.