Question: How good is Oklahoma?

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
I watch them play and I really have no idea. They play in a league that plays no defense, and doesn't have a single team that commits to running the ball with any kind of power. I know they have some good athletes, but I just don't know how that will translate into the playoffs. Tennessee was probably the best defense they played all year, and they had 350 yards on them, but should have lost if UcheaT had closed out the game with any kind of competent play. The same could be said for Bama's game with them too. Oklahoma has won the Big 12-2 because they are the only team with a legitimate running game, but is that real or just a result of no defenses being any good in the Big 12. They have their Johnny Foosball look a like back there running around, but I'm not sure how effective he will be against a real front 7 with speed and athleticism. How will their defense stand up to the pounding Bama, Iowa, or MSU would come at them with? Watching the Big 12-2 is like watching a different sport sometimes. I just can't figure it out.

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
Solid quarterback with a balanced defense/offense attack and an experienced coach. They would be tough competition.

Bama Torch in Pcola

Hall of Fame
Dec 18, 2002
It would take our best game to beat them, I think. I love those gritty little QB's like Mayfield. Unless they are playing Bama.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
They would be tough no doubt but Bama could beat them assuming they don't have 5 turnovers like they did in the sugar bowl.

TravHouse

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 18, 2015
London, England
Out of all the teams we could be matched up against in the Playoffs I am most worried about OU.. All the more reason to try and finish ranked no1 and avoid them.

As people have mentioned.. 2 stud RB's, an elusive QB and a very very good WR in Shephard.

ReturnToGlory

All-American
Nov 22, 2006
Blakely, Georgia
I thought they had the best team in the Big 12-2 early in the season. Then I wondered after the Texas loss. But overall solid. They are probably better than any team we've played. And we are better than any team they've played.

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
I thought they had the best team in the Big 12-2 early in the season. Then I wondered after the Texas loss. But overall solid. They are probably better than any team we've played. And we are better than any team they've played.
That's how I see it too, but I just wonder how they will respond to a defense and offense that flat out hit you in the mouth. I also wonder how our defense will respond to an offense that balanced, and can they run that effectively on Bama. I don't think they can run that effectively, but their ability to run and throw could keep the defense off balance.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
TravHouse;2731868[B said:
]Out of all the teams we could be matched up against in the Playoffs I am most worried about OU.[/B]. All the more reason to try and finish ranked no1 and avoid them.

As people have mentioned.. 2 stud RB's, an elusive QB and a very very good WR in Shephard.
Agree. Plus they seem to have some sort of mojo when playing us. They seem to have had our number. Just as soon we play somebody else in the semis, if we get there.

37bamagreats55

All-American
Apr 1, 2003
Gardendale, AL
OU is scary. They have a balanced offense and they have athletic playmakers on D. They're the prototypical team to give 'Bama fits. It would take our "A" game to beat them for sure.

ReturnToGlory

All-American
Nov 22, 2006
Blakely, Georgia
That's how I see it too, but I just wonder how they will respond to a defense and offense that flat out hit you in the mouth. I also wonder how our defense will respond to an offense that balanced, and can they run that effectively on Bama. I don't think they can run that effectively, but their ability to run and throw could keep the defense off balance.
It would be a very tight ballgame. I think OU is the obstacle to the title this year. I think we beat the rest of the contenders.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
They still have the worst loss of any team in the playoff discussion FWIW. Not sure why they are getting a pass on that.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
A good team and would probably be the most difficult game left for us. But we have been in this situation before...just hope they learned from last year.

37bamagreats55

All-American
Apr 1, 2003
Gardendale, AL
They still have the worst loss of any team in the playoff discussion FWIW. Not sure why they are getting a pass on that.
With the committee putting them at No. 3 last week, their loss to Texas has been all but forgiven at this point. That ship has sailed. Since they thumped Okie State, the Sooners are in. They are Big XII champs and have several big-time wins. They have punched their ticket. I would much rather see them in the championship game, then the semi-final game. However, at the end of the day, it won't matter much because for us to win a championship, we'll more than likely have to go through them regardless of which round it's in.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.