SEC enhances championship security

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
Someone should tell the Houston Texans about the clear bag policy. By boss went to a Texans game last week and said that security was a joke. They had some old dude with a wand that had no idea what he was doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al
Although I was joking its a life and death matter. There are people who would love nothing than thousands of casualties and the PC culture calls it a religion of peace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Well, I hate that it's necessary, but also think it's the right thing to do. Mrs. Basket Case and I will be there, and I'll be grateful for the safety.

I know the suggestion of hanging bacon was sarcastic, and would probably only provide further motivation for the most likely attackers anyway. But if I thought it would help, I'd advocate hanging whole pigs.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
One thing that needs to be emphasised is that if Security personnel stop you, be polite, answer their questions truthfully, and you will be on your way w/o delay. Give em a hard time at your own peril.
It's not the time to joke around, some guys can't or want understand...
(I spent many years dealing with the public at events, and understand how the LEO/Security guys operate when Security needs to be tight. This will be a high security event.)

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
One thing that needs to be emphasised is that if Security personnel stop you, be polite, answer their questions truthfully, and you will be on your way w/o delay. Give em a hard time at your own peril.
It's not the time to joke around, some guys can't or want understand...
(I spent many years dealing with the public at events, and understand how the LEO/Security guys operate when Security needs to be tight. This will be a high security event.)
Agree with you, Dan. I fly frequently and go through TSA screening on average 2-3 times per week. It is amazing how rude people can be. I understand that some of the security folks as less than professional at times, but being rude or inconsiderate solves nothing.

Just plan on getting to the stadium and to the gate early to save yourself and the security some stress.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
I remember going to a Packers/Falcons game years ago probably a year or two after 9/11. Every single person was patted down and bags searched religiously. I understand the need, and I have no problem with it. I hope y'all going have fun and bring home a Bama win!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.