Question: Think we will see Bo Scarbough the rest of the way? (SEC Championship and Playoffs)

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
I trust Coach Saban's judgement just thought we might see Bo in the Auburn game. When I watch Bo run he seems very similar to Henry (as other threads have said). The concern I have is Drake not being able to go yet and 40+ runs a game for Henry seems a little much.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
cns basically said yesterday that he would love to have played harris and scarborough more yesterday, but he really didn't want to put "green" (my word) freshmen in a game like this and henry said he was good to go.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Bo certainly seems to be a capable runner, and he also reminds me of Henry when he runs. However, I doubt he blocks like Henry in the passing game. As you mentioned, we don't know if the coaches have confidence in his ball security. I'm also not the coach, but I feel awfully safe and good when number two is toting the rock.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Like Herschel said during his time at UGA, "The ball ain't heavy." I'm sure Henry would say the same.

BamaGreek

All-American
Jan 6, 2007
Brentwood, TN
During championship stretch run its obvious we have to go with the guy that got us here, Henry. Harris is not there yet and Bo just doesn't know the playbook. He was hurt during the Spring and then suspended for 1/3 of the season. He hasn't had the reps and game experience yet to put him out there for meaningful snaps. It would be great for the team if he was ready but he's not. I just think if he was we would have seen him playing more, especially with Kenyan banged up. Hopefully after we get through with Florida we will see Kenyan back at full speed for the semi final game.
This is just my opinion.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
I think it depends on Henry.

If he tells the Coaches he's good to go, and wants the ball, then he'll get fed. If he ever says he needs a rest, then we'll see an alternative.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

37bamagreats55

All-American
Apr 1, 2003
Gardendale, AL
I don't think we'll see much of Bo at this point. However, I do see the re-emergence of Kenyan Drake if he's fully recovered from his arm injury. Clearly, if we don't see him in the SEC championship game, I fully anticipate seeing much more of #17 in the playoffs. And, we'll need him.

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
I think it depends on Henry.

If he tells the Coaches he's good to go, and wants the ball, then he'll get fed. If he ever says he needs a rest, then we'll see an alternative.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Then he may get every carry from here out. I got the impression from his interview yesterday that he wants the ball on every down.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I trust Coach Saban's judgement just thought we might see Bo in the Auburn game. When I watch Bo run he seems very similar to Henry (as other threads have said). The concern I have is Drake not being able to go yet and 40+ runs a game for Henry seems a little much.
There is something we do not know or I think we would see more of Bo, for the very same comparisons you mentioned. Coach Saban keeps mentioning his frustrations of not have support behind Henry, and there is a reason for that. All I can come up with is that do not feel Harris is up to the task and that Bo is not 100%. This is unusual not having another NFL looking back that can come in, like a Tyren Jones. That one time Henry came to the bench for one play, I think, cost us a touchdown. Not long ago, you had a Lacy or a Richardson as second string. No problem giving someone a breather.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Looks to me like Harris is developing a "new role" as a WR or Possession/utility back.

Last edited:

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Looks to me like Harris is developing a "new role" as a WR or Possession/utility back.
Saban said at a presser several weeks ago they were looking to get Bo ready but, he was't there yet. Sounded as if it is knowing the playbook and blocking.... The practice time before the semi-final and spring ball is going to be crucial... Don't want to think about next year if Bo is not a stud....

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Saban will not play a RB if he cannot pass protect. Harris has struggled with this (even in the CSU game where he got more reps). Don't know about Bo though. We've not seen enough in game reps to see what Coach Saban sees in practice. Whatever the result winds up being for the rest of this year we are set at RB for years to come. I'm very excited to see Scarborough's and Harris' development. RTR.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Saban will not play a RB if he cannot pass protect. Harris has struggled with this (even in the CSU game where he got more reps). Don't know about Bo though. We've not seen enough in game reps to see what Coach Saban sees in practice. Whatever the result winds up being for the rest of this year we are set at RB for years to come. I'm very excited to see Scarborough's and Harris' development. RTR.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Same with Bo likely. He's even further behind. It takes a lot for a true freshmen to get out there. To put either in that situation and on a horribly sloppy field would have been a huge gamble. I'm betting Drake will be ready to go but they'll get their turn.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.